What's new

Minor league minimum salary going up

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
MLB players and fans have been roasting this move.

"Hey boys, now you can spring for that extra crunchy peanut butter!"

"Now there will be only ONE air mattress in the living room!"

It's a step in the right direction but this is still a disgrace.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
At least it's a significant increase. At my job the increases usually amount to a few dollars.
It's a "significant increase" because it was absurdly low to begin with.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
It's a "significant increase" because it was absurdly low to begin with.
Not disagreeing with that. Just saying if you're in double A you're almost getting double the pay now and at least that will be a noticeable difference for them. They can actually do something with that increase.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with that. Just saying if you're in double A you're almost getting double the pay now and at least that will be a noticeable difference for them. They can actually do something with that increase.
Sure, now they can have four guys split a 2/2 apartment instead of six.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Sure, now they can have four guys split a 2/2 apartment instead of six.
Minor league salaries have almost doubled. Are you implying that this specific occurrence is a bad thing?

Minor league salaries are low... that's bad.

But now they've nearly doubled... that's great.

Nobody should be "roasting" this move.

Let me know how many jobs give salary increases that are almost doubling the existing salary.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Minor league salaries have almost doubled. Are you implying that this specific occurrence is a bad thing?

Minor league salaries are low... that's bad.

But now they've nearly doubled... that's great.

Nobody should be "roasting" this move.

Let me know how many jobs give salary increases that are almost doubling the existing salary.
Yes, it is a step in the right direction, I will not deny that. But they need to get it to a level where these players won't have to get another job in the off-season.

Manfred is so concerned about the future of the sport but cares nothing about the future STARS of the sport. These guys should be able to train in the off-season and focus solely on that, not have to put in 60-80 hours a week between working a job they shouldn't have and then training and recovery.

As it is, when I was in my internship early last year, I was making more than the average minor league ballplayer. That's just wrong.

Let's also throw in the fact that this won't kick in until 2021. This isn't even taking place this year.

Move these guys up to what they'd make on a regular salaried job had they gone through for years of college and then I'll feel better.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Let me also bring it to the forefront again that MANFRED WANTS TO REMOVE 42 OF THESE TEAMS.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score

Top Bottom