What's new

MLB.com: "One guy you forgot was on your favorite team"

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score

MLB.com put up an article titled "One guy you forgot was on your favorite team" and they chose Mike Piazza for the Marlins but I think that's such a horrible choice.

The trivia of Piazza being a Marlin for 8 days is brought up so often that it's barely an unknown anymore. And if the title says players you forgot were on "your favorite team" there's virtually no long term Marlins fan who doesn't already know that Piazza was a Marlin and it's definitely not something we'll forget. Such a poor choice considering the premise of the article.

So basically I thought it would be fun to bring up this question here. Fyi the article listed well known players so that's the catch because obviously there's hundreds of forgotten players in Marlins history. Name a well known player who we forgot was a Marlin.

Fyi Conine was the choice for the Mets.

Any ideas?

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
I think many forget or never knew that Trevor Hoffman was a Marlin

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Aaron Boone, Luis Gonzalez, Tim Raines, Terry Pendleton, Jeff Francoeur, Andrew Miller, Carlos Lee, Carlos Zambrano, maybe Carlos Delgado

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
Does Johan Santana count? Seems like I forget Placido Polanco playing here, Jorge Julio is another one I tend forget

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Arthur Rhodes
Ok this one is really good. I remember being excited when I heard we got him too.

How about Paul LoDuca? Not sure if he's a big enough name or if he's forgotten enough.

bmg42

Muckdog
Reaction score
Clearly the correct answer here is Yunel Escobar

97marlin

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man there was a point when Loria would hire anyone with a name. Half of the leagues stars played here after they got old.

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
Henry Rodriguez, Carlos Marmol, Mike Hampton (ill-fatherly traded for Tim Spooneybarger lol), Darren Oliver, Todd Zeile

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
Which one? The outfielder or the pitcher??
I was talking about the outfielder previously of the cubs, but I guess both. Though the pitcher we forgot about cause he was pretty much completely forgettable over his career anyway lol

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I was talking about the outfielder previously of the cubs, but I guess both. Though the pitcher we forgot about cause he was pretty much completely forgettable over his career anyway lol
We released Marmol and brought in Rodriguez who was actually even worse!

mystikol87

Muckdog
Reaction score
In a few years, the answer will be Ichiro. Mark Buehrle and Dave Magadaan deserve mentions, too.

Top Bottom