What's new

MLB could propose universal DH for 2020

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Should it get implemented, do they even go back to non DH?

For a long time, I'd been of the opinion of keeping the NL non-DH, but lately I've switched to thinking just put the DH in the NL and have it consistent across both leagues.

hovertical

Hammerhead
Reaction score
If there was ever a time to throw the kitchen sink at ideas. it would be this crazy ass season they're going to attempt. How about reinstating Pete Rose too - but then kick him out after the season is over again.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
This is the year to do it, go for it. It's coming eventually anyways so why not start now and traditionalists can always have the pandemic to blame for it.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Mets DH is JD Davis, 130%. Dude has a glove made of lead, but that bat is way too good to keep out of the lineup.

Ours ... Jerar Encarnacion in a couple years?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Have they said if this would be an approval forever or are they just approving using the 2020 shortened season as a test run?

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Have they said if this would be an approval forever or are they just approving using the 2020 shortened season as a test run?
I'm sure it would go permanent. I think just a test run this year but if we're being honest with ourselves ...

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I'm sure it would go permanent. I think just a test run this year but if we're being honest with ourselves ...
Yea I agree with that but I'm wondering of the specifics of this agreement. I'm assuming they'll agree to it for 2020 then approve it for future years sometime before the 2021 season.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I believe it's technically only for 2020, but I guarantee if it goes back to non DH for 2021, it won't be long before permanent DH.

I also think it'll be an "easy" bone for the league to throw at the PA to get something they want.

Top Bottom