What's new

MLB the Show 19

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I played three Signature Team games last night, all of them are played in throwback uniforms which is a nice touch. 

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Also, even though the difficulty is low the games aren't easy since your opponents are a dream team as well. I won my game as the Marlins but then lost as both the Phillies and the Cardinals. 

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Also, even though the difficulty is low the games aren't easy since your opponents are a dream team as well. I won my game as the Marlins but then lost as both the Phillies and the Cardinals. 
Veteran difficulty isn't low for some of us (me)

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Veteran difficulty isn't low for some of us (me)
Me neither. I meant lower compared to the upper difficulties but veteran is a challenge for me too as long as the opposition is good. I generally play on All Star most of the time. I'm way better at pitching than hitting though. I'm very much the guy that pitches a gem but then loses 2-0. 

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
If anyone doesn't have the game, but has PSPlus, MLB The Show 19 will be free in October. It will be yours to keep and use as long as you remain a PSPlus subscriber.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
The free version is now live for anyone who wanted it.

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
Doing a Marlins franchise now, in my first draft, took a catcher in the first round - he has a 96 potential and was a 68 overall immediately after the draft. Only 19, too. Pretty sure I got Adley Rutschmann but younger. lol

I've also built up the farm a ton and have a lot of A and B potential prospects using free agency - if you go to each position and just scroll to the bottom, you can a good number of 18 to 21 year old prospects with A or B potential. Signed a few of those and after one season in the minors they were already high 60s low 70s.

I also fired all the coaches except for Mattingly, his attributes were the best compared to anyone else that was available.

Brian Anderson is an 89 overall, Isan jumped to an 83, Alfaro is at 83 ... signed a few guys to extensions early [Anderson, Alfaro, Pablo among others]. Franchise mode is actually pretty fun!

There are also a few September call-ups that I got under contract for three years for *stupidly* cheap. Got a 75 overall center fielder who I now am paying a total of $200K for the next three seasons, for example.

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
Which coaches did you hire?
Just some random guys that were available but had an attribute grade of A and all positive increases. All on three year deals.

That catcher I drafted is beginning his first pro season in AAA. He will probably be up in the big leagues pretty quick. Used him [among a whole bunch of other rookies] in the first game of spring training in the only ST game I played and had a lot of fun using them. Lost the game but they hit pretty well, all things considered. A LOT of speed, too, had a couple of RBI triples and the baserunners and the batter were all over 90 speed. Heh.

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
Side note, not sure if there's a way to edit it, but after they added Isan into the game, they show all three of his minor league options have been used ...

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Side note, not sure if there's a way to edit it, but after they added Isan into the game, they show all three of his minor league options have been used ...
I don't know of a way to edit that, which blows. One of those oversights that probably wouldn't happen with a Cubs or Red Sox player.

FishFan95

Marlin
Reaction score
I have a franchise from the Show 16 that I transferred to 17. Does anyone think it makes sense to get 18 and 19 so that I can transfer to the newest one at this point.

Also, what are the changes to the game in franchise and RTTS? Are there any other modes worth getting the game for as well?

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
I have a franchise from the Show 16 that I transferred to 17. Does anyone think it makes sense to get 18 and 19 so that I can transfer to the newest one at this point.

Also, what are the changes to the game in franchise and RTTS? Are there any other modes worth getting the game for as well?
Depends how much that franchise means to you, I always start fresh each year.

Not sure about changes to those modes, I really got into Diamond Dynasty and I didn't think I would.

Just an FYI if you missed it, the game is FREE right now if you have Playstation Plus

FishFan95

Marlin
Reaction score
Depends how much that franchise means to you, I always start fresh each year.

Not sure about changes to those modes, I really got into Diamond Dynasty and I didn't think I would.

Just an FYI if you missed it, the game is FREE right now if you have Playstation Plus
I think I have plans to get Stanton to the all time HR mark. He's just past 500 in 2023. He has been hitting a ton in his 30s since he has finally been healthy.

Also, how much is Plus?

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Also, how much is Plus?
$10 a month or $60 a year, can sometimes find discount on it around the web too. It is online play but you get 2 free games each month. Thing is, you have to remain an active member to use the free games. If you don't plan to keep PS Plus. you may as well just buy the game instead

FishFan95

Marlin
Reaction score
$10 a month or $60 a year, can sometimes find discount on it around the web too. It is online play but you get 2 free games each month. Thing is, you have to remain an active member to use the free games. If you don't plan to keep PS Plus. you may as well just buy the game instead
I don't think I have ever used the service. Is there a free month or anything for your first time?

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever used the service. Is there a free month or anything for your first time?