What's new

MLB The Show 20

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score

Interesting the editions besides standard have 4-day early access. They also have double daily login rewards. Those are both new perks if I remember right.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Early access occurred for MLB 17 and 18 if I remember correctly - definitely did for 18. They didn't have it for 19 for whatever reason.

Double daily is definitely new and I'm down for that.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Early access occurred for MLB 17 and 18 if I remember correctly - definitely did for 18. They didn't have it for 19 for whatever reason.

Double daily is definitely new and I'm down for that.
You going MVP edition?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Is double daily forever? I think I read it was only for a limited time.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
I'll try and find where I read that. It's a huge difference maker if you think about it.
Yeah if it’s unlimited I’ll probably go mvp. If it’s limited I have to think it over more.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Digital is tempting but I hate spending 100 for one game.
I'll probably end up doing the pre-order rather soon but we'll see what happens. Work is up and down with being super busy and I've hardly touched any of my games lately. Anything with The Show lately has been me doing a silly Road to the Show with maxed out sliders on Beginner.

Just started second year, debuted in AAA, went 25 for 26 in my first series (five games) with 18 homers, 2 doubles, and 5 triples. It was silly.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Yeah if it’s unlimited I’ll probably go mvp. If it’s limited I have to think it over more.
Looks like it's unlimited. I found where I thought it said it was limited and I definitely misread it. It says you get two daily cards as well two pennants towards the free pack so instead of needing nine logins for a free pack you'll get there in 4 and a half logins. No specific mention of it being unlimited but it doesn't say there is a limit as I thought.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Looks like it's unlimited. I found where I thought it said it was limited and I definitely misread it. It says you get two daily cards as well two pennants towards the free pack so instead of needing nine logins for a free pack you'll get there in 4 and a half logins. No specific mention of it being unlimited but it doesn't say there is a limit as I thought.
Looks like I’m going MVP. Thanks for checking.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Also if you preorder via Sony, it seems you get a Baez card for 19. Not sure how good the card is but that’s some instant value.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Did anyone end up preordering it?

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
I've gotten MLB the Show since MLB 99. Love it, it's a solid game, one thing I always looked forward to was the game coming out right before or right as Spring Training started. Ever since it went to PS4 it hasn't launched since right before Opening Day or the first year it went PS4 it launched in May.

They have had plenty of time to promote this game fix some stuff why not launch it last week of February?

I'll be getting the Stanard version only. If it was a Marlins player I'd get the MVP edition.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I have to wait another few years until they put it on Xbox.

Top Bottom