What's new

MLB The Show 20

AeroFishOne

Muckdog
Reaction score
My body is ready for this on Xbox. Just hope it’s not going to be next gen exclusive to start. I’m done buying new consoles at launch just for them to run out the kinks in them.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
My body is ready for this on Xbox. Just hope it’s not going to be next gen exclusive to start. I’m done buying new consoles at launch just for them to run out the kinks in them.
Every game will likely work with the previous generation. Having the new gen will join unlock better graphics. That's my guess anyway.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Having the new gen will join unlock better graphics. That's my guess anyway.
I don't know if that works that way at least not yet. That would mean the games were created with better graphics "locked" in them. How could the creators know how to program ps5 things into ps4 games.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
I don't know if that works that way at least not yet. That would mean the games were created with better graphics "locked" in them. How could the creators know how to program ps5 things into ps4 games.
I think this already happened though with PS4 regular and PS4 Pro.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Showdown mode is too difficult and it's frustrating me. I've only won the starter one which I know is meant to be super easy like a tutorial but I've been trying to do the NL East one and I lose wayyyy too many rounds. I feel like I get nowhere and get nothing out of it especially since it costs stubs to enter I feel like it's not worth wasting stubs on especially since I don't have an abundance of stubs yet considering how rarely I play lately.

Help me out why don't I like this mode which is supposed to be so great?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Another question, I wanna do the Sheffield Player Program but I can't do it unless I have the Sheffield card? But I thought the 99 Sheffield card (the one with the dark red background) was the reward for completing the program so how can I get that card without completing that program if that card is the reward for that program? Or am I wrong here?

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Another question, I wanna do the Sheffield Player Program but I can't do it unless I have the Sheffield card? But I thought the 99 Sheffield card (the one with the dark red background) was the reward for completing the program so how can I get that card without completing that program if that card is the reward for that program? Or am I wrong here?
I am wondering the same thing.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
99 Silver Slugger Sheffield is gained by completing the National League live series collection. THAT unlocks the program for the "Prestige" 99 Sheffield.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
99 Silver Slugger Sheffield is gained by completing the National League live series collection. THAT unlocks the program for the "Prestige" 99 Sheffield.
And there is no performance difference between prestige and regular right? It is just for showing off.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
And there is no performance difference between prestige and regular right? It is just for showing off.
The prestige has +3 to all attributes.
So it could be a very minor performance difference but sometimes that's all you need.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Ridiculous on multiple levels...

1. What you're explaining to me is super unclear in the game and that's rare for this game. I tried for quite a bit to figure this out in the game on my own and just couldn't do it because the 2 cards look virtually identical. Often by clicking what I want to get into it takes you to what you need and there was none of that here. At least take me into the collection I need to complete. Something like that.

2. Looks like I'm not doing this ever because the huge collections are a bitch to complete and for minimal rewards. I can't believe they'd lock a game mode/program behind a large collection. The amount of people who will never complete that collection is so high. Give me a great reward but don't hide a mode behind something most people won't be able to complete.

3. And then after all that it's only a +3 difference with the prestige card? Yea the little bit can help in game situations but he's already a 99, it's not like I'm suddenly turning a silver to a diamond. Feels like a pretty unfulfilling reward.

What a disappointment.

It should have been like several moments last year where you played moments with that card and you complete it and get that card. My point is that the program shouldn't be locked. I remember getting I believe it was a year 2000 Griffey last year just by doing his moments. I wanted the same because I want that Sheffield from a more attainable goal.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has actually completed all 30 Team Affinity 100%. They're all great but there's so much to do that you would think most people complete 1 if that, and anyone who completes multiples probably doesn't get more than 4 or 5 done.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Team Affinities have stages this year and stage 4 isn't out til the Fall. Some have completed all stage 1s though, yes.

The Prestige requires you playing with the original 99 online anyways and compiling particular stats. And as it is, a lot of people buy all the cards day 1 so SDS knows what they're doing by putting those cards behind the paywall, so to speak.

They are dropping the ball a bit this year but given they all have to work from home, I can't fully fault them for it. Yet they seem to have time to patch out stuff that actually helped people. Lovely. Lol

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Yea they're great I appreciate this team and all they do, I love them. Just kinda venting. Those Prestige programs are a rare miss for them. I also don't think they should be catering to those who spend money buying up all the cards. If that's what those people wanna do great but I'm a casual gamer who loves Gary Sheffield from my childhood and the chances of me actually getting to enjoy his 99 card are now virtually nonexistent.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
I've got Game 5 of the NLDS against the Nats in MTO today. Making me start from the first inning too. All-Star difficulty. Wish my Marlins luck.

Top Bottom