What's new

MLB The Show 20

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
When I become a multi billionaire I'll make sure all minor leaguers are paid appropriately.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Yeah, it's in the player's contract that they sign initially that MLB can basically do whatever they feel like with their name and likeness. If it means putting them in a video game without requiring permission, there it is.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Anyone going to do some spring training in franchise mode now that we have a full system of real players? I usually skip that and go right to regular season

Reaction score
Anyone going to do some spring training in franchise mode now that we have a full system of real players? I usually skip that and go right to regular season
I recently finished playing every game of the 2019 season using one of the full-minors rosters on the vault. It was a blast -- though it took months to do. I still don't want to play the ST games in 2020, but I think it would be a good idea because one of the things I learned from playing every game: I was a good enough hitter and pitcher that each of my player's ratings increased every month. So playing all the ST games would be like a shot in the arm of your top prospects (assuming you're good at playing the game).

For funsies, this is the 2019 lineup I ended up reaching the playoffs with (because trading is broken AF in The Show):

CF Bryan Reynolds
3B Joey Gallo (71 HR vs Legend difficulty)
1B Dan Vogelbach
RF Ben Paulsen (nifty little 40 HR season)
LF Franmil Reyes
2B Scooter Gennett
SS Brian Anderson
C Austin Hedges

And my rotation was Caleb Smith, Sandy Alcantara, and a handful of Japanese (NPB) pitchers that were free agents in ST.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
That sounds so fun. Back when I played franchise/season more I remember using ST to settle my own roster decisions. I can't imagine playing the full spring but definitely a few select ones to get a feel for whoever needed to prove themselves.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
I can't decide between the MVP edition and Digital Deluxe edition still, someone help me decide.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I can't decide between the MVP edition and Digital Deluxe edition still, someone help me decide.
What's the difference and do you really use the extra stuff? I've never felt like The Show's extra things are worth it, they're nothing you can't just earn on your own. They're fine if you want them but nothing that's must have. If anything the version just one level up from standard usually has enough.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
What's the difference and do you really use the extra stuff? I've never felt like The Show's extra things are worth it, they're nothing you can't just earn on your own. They're fine if you want them but nothing that's must have. If anything the version just one level up from standard usually has enough.
The one that is one level up is the MVP edition.

All the editions are broken down there.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
The one that is one level up is the MVP edition.

All the editions are broken down there.
MVP looks good to me, I'd even be good with Standard though but that's totally just me. I've splurged in the past on The Show and it never felt worth it. But if you have the money and are gonna play plenty then by all means treat yourself to Digital Deluxe. It's a game, have fun.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
MVP looks good to me, I'd even be good with Standard though but that's totally just me. I've splurged in the past on The Show and it never felt worth it. But if you have the money and are gonna play plenty then by all means treat yourself to Digital Deluxe. It's a game, have fun.
yeah leaning more towards mvp currently. I like the extras it has, don’t think I need any more than that.

CoastieMike

Muckdog
Reaction score
That sounds so fun. Back when I played franchise/season more I remember using ST to settle my own roster decisions. I can't imagine playing the full spring but definitely a few select ones to get a feel for whoever needed to prove themselves.
Imagine the importance of spring training if SDS figured out how to add Non-roster invites

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
All depends if you play diamond dynasty or not. More packs/stubs if you go digital. Idk, I'm against DD, i'm one of those hardcore franchise guys.
I do play DD but only a little, not a ton. So I feel like MVP is a good middle ground there.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score

Remember when they only had facial scans for some players. Now even Sterling Sharp gets it done!

Top Bottom