What's new

Mo Rumors......

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
now that jose jernendez is a cubbie there outta the mix, but LA is still in it we still have tow ry bout them but word is there owner is cheap...

our rumors this Rondel White trade sounds stupid and i have no clue why there is even a buzz of it.....

the rumor that mostly gets me rattled is talks about us getting Kris Benson from the pirates cuz we got some Marlins tides in the Pirate Orgnization...

now the ? is why would we want Kris Benson and who do we give up AJ and Brad Penny are both free agents 1 them is going to have to comeback.....

AJ shouldnt get the money he demands cuz the injury and Brad Penny shouldnt get alot doe cuz he has never had a breakout season.....

i dunno but i wouldnt mind Kris Benson on the team a former Cane,,,,

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
couldnt you have posted this in 1 of the 3,000000000 other trade threads?

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
This Hernadez deal is not stopping the Cubs from trying to get Lowell.

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
i dunno i dont feel as if Lowell is gone i mean we sweep the Rays we are only 1 game under 500 than we play the muts again... i feel good about the next 6 games coming up.....

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
we've been playing last place teams for 10 games now and are still 4 games under .500

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
i dunno but i wouldnt mind Kris Benson on the team a former Cane,,,,
YO - me thinkz Benson wen ta Clemson - Me no thinkz he wuz a Canez Boy!!!

:w00t

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score
This Hernadez deal is not stopping the Cubs from trying to get Lowell.
cant you see it?? Beinfest probably told taht cubs GM that hes not trading Lowell now and it showed with the recent movement of Cabs to LF in the minors. Once the Cubs found out Cabs was starting to play LF, they started to explore other options, like hernandez.

I doubt this was a heat of the moment decision to bring Cabs up. Beinfest probably planned it all out the day he told mudcats to hit him flyballs at LF. Cubs gave up on Lowell probably a little less than 2 weeks ago. I'd really doubt they'd go after him again. Its probably impossible Since cabrera is up now in LF and not still playing 3b for the mudcats.

Cub fans need to stop dreaming about Lowell... Cubs are cheapskates

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Here is Josh's...BOTTOM LINE

The Cubs trade for Jose Hernandez could either be amazingly perfect for Marlins fans, or devistating. There are only two things that this trade may be foreshadowing.

1) The Cubs have traded for Hernandez to be their new offensive 3B because they are no longer in persuit of Marlins 3B Mike Lowell, most likely because he isn't on the market.

2) The Cubs have traded for Hernandez so that they have another player to add to a trade Florida, because the team has increasingly larger demands than it once did for Lowell. Jose will now be added to the pile of prospects being asked for in a trade for Lowell, which would obviously be ominous for Marlins fans.

I still believe the one of these two options that will occur will be choice number 1, but both do show promise of becoming the reality...

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score
Here is Josh's...BOTTOM LINE

The Cubs trade for Jose Hernandez could either be amazingly perfect for Marlins fans, or devistating. There are only two things that this trade may be foreshadowing.

1) The Cubs have traded for Hernandez to be their new offensive 3B because they are no longer in persuit of Marlins 3B Mike Lowell, most likely because he isn't on the market.

2) The Cubs have traded for Hernandez so that they have another player to add to a trade Florida, because the team has increasingly larger demands than it once did for Lowell. Jose will now be added to the pile of prospects being asked for in a trade for Lowell, which would obviously be ominous for Marlins fans.

I still believe the one of these two options that will occur will be choice number 1, but both do show promise of becoming the reality...
are you crazy? Hernandez is making like 3. something million! thats as much as LOWELL lol. No way marlins would trade Lowell in a deal for hernandez and prospects. Why would Cubs go out of their way to get an overpaid player to trade to the marlins? "It dont make no sense" lol unless the cheap o'l cubbies pay more than half of his salary? still doesnt make sense

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hernandez is making $1 Million...

Lowell is making $3.7 Million...

Quiet a difference there...

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hernandez is making $1 Million...

Lowell is making $3.7 Million...

Quiet a difference there...
are you sure? where did you find that out? I could have sworn I read somewhere that he was making 3 something.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
He signed a one-year $1 Million dollar contract in the off-season with the Colorado Rockies...

If I recall it was called the "Steal of the off-season" by ESPN.com...Didn't quiet work out like they planned...

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score
He signed a one-year $1 Million dollar contract in the off-season with the Colorado Rockies...

If I recall it was called the "Steal of the off-season" by ESPN.com...Didn't quiet work out like they planned...
yep , youre right, 1 million.. pretty odd though that kapler was making more than hernandez though...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
2.7 Million is not worth giving up an All-Star is it? If the fish did that, they would be called cheapskates and rightfully so. The Mets couldn't buy an All star team for 100+ mil, we have one for about half.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
My theory has always been:

Give Admin Bienfest $100 Million payroll and see what happens... He's the kind of GM I like... Instead of going on a million shopping sprees, get some can't miss prospects, bring them up onto a team with some veteran leadership, and in 2-3 years you have a 25-year old All-Star that you can afford to sign for the next 10 years...

Ala Yankees-Cashamn style...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cashman can go on shopping sprees sometimes...most of the time and he inflates salaries because of it.

If Loria can do it, i think in the future he will. emember he just moved here and he doesn't know if Florida will accept his regime yet. Too much risk to spend so much.

Top Bottom