What's new

Mookie Betts and David Price Traded to the Dodgers

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
"There’s still confidence the deal will be completed, but there may end up being more pieces involved in the trade"

Ok, Marlins the 30th team involved …

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Congrats to the Dodgers finally acting like the LOS ANGELES Dodgers and making a real attempt to do more than just win games April-September.

Even though this was as gift wrapped as can be to them. Congrats!

Boston on the other hand are a fucking joke.

Minnesota, I dont even know.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Trade still not official yet.

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
I’m as big a Red Sox fan as I am a marlins fan (I usually fly out to Fenway and catch a series or two each season) but Boston 100% had to do this for two reasons: they offered Mookie a large extension that he turnt down and made it clear that he will test free agency. So rather than get nothing or at best a comp pick that may never pan out, they got a very good major league talent. Second reason is they had to get rid of as much of the albatross that is Price’s contract ($32MIL for each of the next three fuckin seasons!!!). How do you know the ReD Sox won’t go blank check next offseason and sign Mookie because they were able to get most of price off the Books? Just like we’re seeing here, sometimes you have to take a step back in order to put yourself in position to jump forward.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
I’m as big a Red Sox fan as I am a marlins fan (I usually fly out to Fenway and catch a series or two each season) but Boston 100% had to do this for two reasons: they offered Mookie a large extension that he turnt down and made it clear that he will test free agency. So rather than get nothing or at best a comp pick that may never pan out, they got a very good major league talent. Second reason is they had to get rid of as much of the albatross that is Price’s contract ($32MIL for each of the next three fuckin seasons!!!). How do you know the ReD Sox won’t go blank check next offseason and sign Mookie because they were able to get most of price off the Books? Just like we’re seeing here, sometimes you have to take a step back in order to put yourself in position to jump forward.
The same albatross contract that Red Sox ownership signed off on right?

Deal will get done, its an issue with that pitcher from the Twins, it will be figured out in short order, wont prevent this deal from happening.

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score

After the noisy buzz, this deal gonna work through that.

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
Dodgers get Betts, Price and 48M (half of Price's remaining salary)

Red Sox get Verdugo, Downs and a catching prospect.

Dodgers get Graterol and a prospect

Twins get Maeda and cash

--------------------

SS prospect Jeter Downs goes to Red Sox, lol.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
If Jeter Downs ever gets called up to the Sox he will have to change his name.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Supposedly this was such a hold up because Boston was being a bunch of jackasses and trying to hold the Twins hostage from what I hear.

Fuck the Red Sox for so many reasons.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Supposedly this was such a hold up because Boston was being a bunch of jackasses and trying to hold the Twins hostage from what I hear.

Fuck the Red Sox for so many reasons.
And we would have known none of it if they just waited for the trade to be official.

Latest posts

Top Bottom