What's new

More Trade Rumors...

term34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs are willing to move both Juan Cruz and Bobby Hill in a trade for Mike Lowell.
We think that should be enough for the Marlins, but Rogers says the Marlins are also asking for either Andy Sisco or Angel Guzman, two of the team's top pitching prospects. Source: Chicago Tribune

Just read this just wondering if anyone else heard anything else??

LiLLaz#8

If beinfest trades lowell he is a straight out dumb a**. :thumbdown

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
If beinfest trades lowell he is a straight out dumb a**. :thumbdown
LiLLaz#8... Lowell is a goner...

Btw... Beinfest has an idea I'd say... :mischief2

Juan Cruz... has the potential...

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
it's time we stop trading for prospects, if they( the cubs) want our best player, give us some starters from your team that will make an immediate effect on our team

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
If they get only Cruz and Hill they're a pathetic front office.

First of all it would signal that Castillo will be traded and that he'll be replaced by a guy in Bobby Hill who hasn't even been able to stay in the majors.

Cruz has potential but has also been sent up and down from the minors and the Cubs vision of him seems to already have fallen from starter to reliever. He may very well end up being good, but right now he's unproven.

You're going to trade one of the top 3B in the league for that???

They'd better get Sisco AT THE VERY LEAST.

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
corner, I'm with you, I never liked Juan Cruz. I'd would prefer Francis Beltran or Wellemeyer instead. Beinfest job is on the line with this move. The team has to come back with alot to be give-up the team most popular player.

LiLLaz#8

They can't trade lowell he my favorite playa :crying

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
They can't trade lowell he my favorite playa:crying
he's going to be traded...

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Unless we prevent it!
what can we fish fans do? It's Loria's pocket...

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Absolutely Ed.

This isn't the Alfonseca-Clement trade. This is the team's best player, the hometown boy who grew up and became a star all on the Marlins team. If we had fans, trading Mike would probably lose some of them.

As upset as some people were (including me) when the Clement-Alfonseca trade went down, Beinfest said this when the trade was announced:

"Dontrelle Willis is really going to be something. Wait until two years from now and you'll see why we made this deal."

Two years from now I want to see a rising star or two on this team where I can say "you know, as much as I hated losing Lowell, they got a great player for him."

markotsay7

Just thought I'd throw this out there...

I know that all of you respect Admin Rothschild and even wanted him back when he was fired from the D-Rays a few years back, and know he's one of the better pitching coaches out there...he has said numerous times that he believes Juan Cruz can have great success in the majors as either a number 2 or 3 starter OR a closer...that's saying something...

Assuming Lowell makes $4 million more than this year, just wondering why this couldn't be pulled off:

The following people leave through trade or free agency:

Todd Hollandsworth ($1 million saved)
Armando Almanza ($775,000)
Mike Mordecai ($500,000)
Carl Pavano ($1.5 million)
Pudge Rodriguez (no money saved since we still pay him)
Luis Castillo ($4.85 million)

Almanza and Mordecai flat out suck, Hollandsworth and Pavano are mediocre at best, Pudge we all know is gone, and I'd rather keep Lowell than Castillo...

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score

I know that all of you respect Admin Rothschild and even wanted him back when he was fired from the D-Rays a few years back, and know he's one of the better pitching coaches out there...he has said numerous times that he believes Juan Cruz can have great success in the majors as either a number 2 or 3 starter OR a closer...that's saying something...

Assuming Lowell makes $4 million more than this year, just wondering why this couldn't be pulled off:

Mike Mordecai ($500,000)

Almanza and Mordecai flat out suck, Hollandsworth and Pavano are mediocre at best, Pudge we all know is gone, and I'd rather keep Lowell than Castillo...
You can also add Derrek Lee and his $7 million salary for next year...

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score

Mike Mordecai ($500,000)

OK, let's assume the Marlins pull out all the stops, release and/or trade most of their contract liability for next year and resign Lowell.

At what point are you sacrificing too much for one player? Yeah, Lowell is great, but do I want to see him playing on a glorified double A club next year?

Think of how far that 4-7 mil that would be spent on Lowell would go towards signing several decent players thorughout the roster.

And by the way, all the penicillin in the world isn't going to make D. Lee go away. He'll be flaring up down here for the duration, there isn't a club in the world that'll give the Fish more than a bag of balls for him.

markotsay7

First of all, no way does Lee make 7 mil next year, especially if he keeps playing like this.

Second of all, yes, there is a limit to how much we can give up to keep Lowell. But of Lee, Castillo, and Lowell, I'd much prefer to keep Lowell. No one will give us anything substantial for Lee anyway. In the case a nice offer came up for Lee, MAKE IT. If Stokes/Gonzalez aren't ready (one of them) try moving Cabrera to first, or play Banks there.

Let me tell you that if the Marlins could do Hill, Cruz, and Wellemeyer for Lowell, I say go for it...

Top Bottom