What's new

Moss for a 3rd anyone biting?

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
Raiders seek 3rd rounder for Moss
Randy Moss probably won't play another game with the Oakland Raiders. The latest reports have Moss getting into a verbal fight with new head coach Lane Kiffin.

Its rumored that the Raiders are looking for a 3rd rounder and a veteran receiver for Moss.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre has asked the team to consider acquiring Moss.

If a Moss to Green Bay trade becomes a reality it could shake up the first round. The Raiders would give more consideration to selecting Calvin Johnson with the first pick and the Packers would be unlikely to draft a receiver high with Moss, Donald Driver, and Greg Jennings leading their receiving corp.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/0...r-for-moss.html

Anyone want him for a 3rd on their team?

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll do it... However, what does his contract look like?

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
doesn't matter in the NFL.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
highest paid WR and one of the highest paid players in the NFL

Reaction score
I've heard my Jags at one point had interest....Ernest Wilford and a 3rd round pick would be awesome.

Jags offense with M.Drew-Jones, Moss, Matt Jones, Taylor, and a healthy Greg Jones would be sick with our new offensive coordinator.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
No thanks. This guy is a total loser. He quit on his team this year, and already had a fight with the new coach. The first day the coach got the job, he called moss to talk to him. I believe Moss hung up on him or something like that.

If the teams are smart they let the raiders cut moss then sign him as an FA.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
for those interested scott wright jsut put up his new mock draft

fins taking Levi Brown LT, and Anthony Spencer DE/OLB (2nd rounder)

nice fins draft

Personally I dont like moss, But if we could flip booker and a 3rd for him hard to say no for the increase in talent. But oh wells.

Reaction score

nice fins draft

Personally I dont like moss, But if we could flip booker and a 3rd for him hard to say no for the increase in talent. But oh wells.

doesn't miami have salary cap problems as it is? with Taylor, Zach Thomas, Harrington, and Culpepper....

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Harrington will be gone I assume. Zach and Taylor will restructure as more than likely. In other words it can probably be done fairly easily imo. For a third and Booker I'd do it in a heartbeat. Reunite Moss and Culpepper.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
Harrington will be gone I assume. Zach and Taylor will restructure as more than likely. In other words it can probably be done fairly easily imo. For a third and Booker I'd do it in a heartbeat. Reunite Moss and Culpepper.

I thought Moss got into a fight with Culpepper?

If teams are smart they let the raiders cut Moss. There is no way they want him back.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score

nice fins draft

doesn't miami have salary cap problems as it is? with Taylor, Zach Thomas, Harrington, and Culpepper....

Not really under by like 13.7 and booker makes 3+ million next year (might be cut anyways) so that helps.

JT, Zach, KC restructure

Harrington is expected to be cut (another 3 million)
Jeno James is a good chance to be cut too at 3.7 million cap number and his injury problems lately.

I think we can easily push it over 20 million cap room without stressing much honestly. We are in very good cap shape.

I thought Moss got into a fight with Culpepper?

If teams are smart they let the raiders cut Moss. There is no way they want him back.

Moss has been lobbying last year and in last offseason to get Culpepper there. They get along good. I am not really on the "get moss" bandwagon.

But Moss, Chambers, Hagan

that is a heck of a recieving core honestly.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
Henry for Moss.

But, not really.

I'll keep the Bengals WR as they are.

I still think Moss is a hell of a player and a good contributor on a non-sh*tty team with a decent quarterback. I'd like to see the Lions get him so I could see Jon Kitna underthrow him the first half of the season, and then late in the season, when they're knocked out of the playoffs, "KITNA TO MOSS! TOUCHDOWN!" all day long.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
No way I'd do it. Moss has been somewhere between mediocre and bad for 3 years now. I just don't think he's an elite WR anymore, and it's not worth dealing with all the personality issues.

Moss, more than any other WR I can remember, relied on his amazing physical gifts for success. It was never about route-running for him. He was just faster and taller and could jump higher than everybody else. But he's turning 30 in a few days, and he's accumulated some injuries in recent years...he's by no means an old man, but the gap between his physical skills and everyone else's has shrunk and will continue to shrink.

He's still probably well capable of 1000+ yards in the right system, but I don't think he's that elite WR anymore where he was good for 1400 yards even with double coverage.

wanks1212

Muckdog
Reaction score
i'd take him in buffalo for peerless price and a 3rd, but there's no way marv levy and dick jauron would do it

the falcons are the team that really needs to make a run at him. give up one of the first round busts at wr and a draft pick for moss and see if that'll help them out.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
If Culpepper's cool with it, I'd give it a look...the offense needs something, and I realize that some may debate that Moss is not "something" anymore, but I think it's worth it even if it just means getting Chambers better match-ups.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've heard my Jags at one point had interest....Ernest Wilford and a 3rd round pick would be awesome.

Jags offense with M.Drew-Jones, Moss, Matt Jones, Taylor, and a healthy Greg Jones would be sick with our new offensive coordinator.
isn't Jones-Drew?

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd reunite Culpepper and Moss for a 3rd or even 2nd round pick if they want to hook up again.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
Moss isn't mediocre.

You can't expect a dude to produce when he has feces throwing him the ball.

Top Bottom