What's new

Music Genre's

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just curious

Of course it's rock for me and to go in-depth. Alternative and early 90's punk(mostly seattle like Nirvana and Sound garden).

cgator

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guess it depends on what you are referring to as rock.

I'm an oldtimer.

later........

BreakDown

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nirvana and Linkin Park are 2 of my favorite bands.

But Primus is right up there to.

I am all about the hard rock. :rock

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
50 Cent and Eminem!!!! :hat
Meh

I have my theory on why those two are so successful but you will all think I'm nuts.

BreakDown

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rune, I would love to hear it.

I hate rap! (sorry to whom that offends)

But I honestly don't see how people could like music that is created by computers and sang by no talent scum bags. I mean they all sound the same and they all rap about the same s***. It is sickening.

All they rap about is women, pot, alcohol, and killing people.

And most of them don't even write thier own raps. Other people write the songs for the big names like Ja Rule, 50 cent, Snoop Dogg, Nas.

I do like Eminem though, but I don't consider him a rapper. He is just a guy who knows how to make money. An he does it by making music that takes no work for him to make. He himself doesn't listen to much rap. He prefers rock. He is just better at rapping so thats what he does, and at least he writes his own lyrics.

Sorry if I am offending anyone here, but if you think about it. Rap is not music, it's bulls***.

Now Rune, lets hear your opinion. And if anyone would like to debate with me about music I welcome you to PM me.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rune, I would love to hear it.

I hate rap! (sorry to whom that offends)

But I honestly don't see how people could like music that is created by computers and sang by no talent scum bags. I mean they all sound the same and they all rap about the same s***. It is sickening.

All they rap about is women, pot, alcohol, and killing people.

And most of them don't even write thier own raps. Other people write the songs for the big names like Ja Rule, 50 cent, Snoop Dogg, Nas.

I do like Eminem though, but I don't consider him a rapper. He is just a guy who knows how to make money. An he does it by making music that takes no work for him to make. He himself doesn't listen to much rap. He prefers rock. He is just better at rapping so thats what he does, and at least he writes his own lyrics.

Sorry if I am offending anyone here, but if you think about it. Rap is not music, it's bulls***.

Now Rune, lets hear your opinion. And if anyone would like to debate with me about music I welcome you to PM me.
Ok I'm most likely wrong and you will think I'm crazy but hear it is.

I have been hearing a lot of people who normally wouldn't be caught DEAD listening to rap and now they are saying they like 50 cent.

I'm sorry but I don't see what's so great about him and how he is so diffrent from other rappers that makes him sell tons more albums than The Other's out there.

I just don't see it.

Than I thought hey companies put subliminal messaging in all the time to sell there stuff and get you hooked on it.

Why not do that in music? People of course accused Iron Maiden of putting suicide messages in it but never subliminal messaging to sell Adams.

I honestly think he is doing that putting in hidden messages and crap like that to get kids hooked.

I'm most likely wrong but who knows.

BreakDown

Muckdog
Reaction score
I totally agree dude!!!

Thats what they do man! It's so wrong!

Join my band in stopping them Rune! Together we will end them and thier no talent "music"!!!

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I totally agree dude!!!

Thats what they do man! It's so wrong!

Join my band in stopping them Rune! Together we will end them and thier no talent "music"!!!
Anything to get those bums off of T.V.

I really don't have a problem with the ones who write their own stuff or at least produce it but The Ones who just put vocals to it pathetic.

Also I love Rock Covers but it get's out of hand in Rap.

Would Puff Daddy be as big as he is without stealing others work?

Hell NO!

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Personally I Hate ROCK! They are a bunch of Crazy People nodding there heads. They are freaking all messed up in the head and dress like Girls with bell bottoms and all of those nasty rock stuff. Rap is a Genre you can Jam too but rock you cant. Sorry if IM offending anyone but i dont like people talking about things they dont know....

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Personally I Hate ROCK! They are a bunch of Crazy People nodding there heads. They are freaking all messed up in the head and dress like Girls with bell bottoms and all of those nasty rock stuff. Rap is a Genre you can Jam too but rock you cant. Sorry if IM offending anyone but i dont like people talking about things they dont know....
O I'm sorry your opinion is the right one! I don't know what I'm talking about because I like rock I'm not the one who is copying a post just made.

A.J. if Rap is such an amazing music then why the hell do The Musicians have nothing to do with there music.

A.J. answer this what does 50 cent do besides put down the vocals. Does he produce, write, mix, and the instruments to his songs no!

Also if The Rappers are such men is a real man a person who beats his wife? Get's busted for something everyweek? Is Braindead and would be in prison if not already if it wasn't for rap?

Is a real man a thug who has no respect for women or anyone else.

Is a real man, a guy who is just a front piece for The Record Labels.

The only other people who are just puppets for Their Laber are Pop Stars.

I await your response A.J.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
rock is a lot more than people nodding their heads...

you are confusing hard rock...one of the many forms of rock with all rock in general...

there are many various types of rock..

rock n roll

classic rock

soft rock

hard rock

and the list goes on and on....

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
O I'm sorry your opinion is the right one! I don't know what I'm talking about because I like rock I'm not the one who is copying a post just made.

A.J. if Rap is such an amazing music then why the hell do The Musicians have nothing to do with there music.

A.J. answer this what does 50 cent do besides put down the vocals. Does he produce, write, mix, and the instruments to his songs no!

Also if The Rappers are such men is a real man a person who beats his wife? Get's busted for something everyweek? Is Braindead and would be in prison if not already if it wasn't for rap?

I never said my opinion was right. Just you people dont know what Rap really is. About the Rappers hitting there wives not all rappers have done that. Only Eminem and he just did it because he was really mad and His wive kept on Insulting him.

50 Cent doesnt Produce because he all ready has the best Producer there is. He Deos write, he writes about his Experiences and personal Life.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score

I never said my opinion was right. Just you people dont know what Rap really is. About the Rappers hitting there wives not all rappers have done that. Only Eminem and he just did it because he was really mad and His wive kept on Insulting him.

50 Cent doesnt Produce because he all ready has the best Producer there is. He Deos write, he writes about his Experiences and personal Life. Because she insulted him it makes it right to hit a female?

A lady is a lady and I don't care what she does unless your life is in danger you do not hit a woman and yes 50 Cent has been busted on domestic abuse.

Also he writes about his problems.

His problem's in jail and selling crack?

He is everything society should not stand for!

Too look up to him is too look up to Charles Manson their both criminals who used Music to get their fans.

50 cent is a bum

BreakDown

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well if 50 cents personal life is about being a "gangster" and killing people, doing drugs and treating wonen like scum, then I DEFINETLY have no respect for him.

You just admitted that they rap about thier lives dude. If they do really rap about thier lives, and you respect them for that. I am sorry man, but you gotta get your head straight.

And I do take offence to what you said about being mindless. Because I am in a Hard Rock band and I am certainly not mindless. Me and my band write about real stuff. I write songs about my past relationships and how much they f***ed up my life, I wrote a song about when I was raped, I wrote a song and when I tried to kill myself, I write songs about alot of stuff. And before you go saying something like, " Oh gee thats great stuff to write about." Let me also tell you that they are also about how to solve your problems. And not only do we write about real stuff, but we also play instuments! Holy s*** people can still do that!!! With talent, not computers!

Have you ever heard Linkin Park man. They Rock and Rap, and they are great. They write about real s*** and they play thier own instruments. They don't write about buying f***ing sneakers like Nelly or partying in the f***ing club like that 50 cent bulls***. How can you relate to that s***? Honestly dude, think about it. It doesn't take talent to be a rapper. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't.

I mean, yeah we rap in some of our songs and so do rock bands, but at least we write our own raps and they don't suck.

Anyway man. This is not meant to be trash talking you A.J. These are just my opinions. And if you didn't want to hear them, I am sorry, but you took a swing at Hard Rock, so I had to beat down rap.

Later.
Kris

Top Bottom