What's new

My Disney World vacation pictures

jmenjes

Muckdog
Reaction score
They're up and ready for viewing. You can find them here.

There's a tour of Pop Century, where I stayed this trip (well worth it if you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay on property...just a tad under $600 for 6 nights isn't too bad IMO), some Flower and Garden Festival pics, and some good shots over at the Animal Kingdom.

Hope you like them!

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you for sharing!

I like the pictures of the what I call the Disney Duckies & Disney Bunnies. They're just too darn cute.

So, how was Gran Fiesta? I hear it is pretty cool.

jmenjes

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thanks. I saw a few ducks and rabbits all over WDW, not just the couple I got pictures of. That duck in one of the pictures was found just outside of Big Thunder Mountain, BTW. Guess he couldn't get a FastPass... :cool

Gran Fiesta Tour wasn't too bad. I only rode El Rio del Tiempo once, way back in the 80s, so I can't compare it with GFT all that much. But I do like GFT.

I volunteered myself on the back lot tour at the Studios. You know the first part of the tour, where there's a demo of the special effects in movies like the ones used in Pearl Harbor? There's two examples that are used, one on the deck of the PT boat, and the other in the ship's cabin where the water gets poured in through that open window? My part was in the ship's cabin, and I got drenched pretty goog. Lots of fun, though.

I do have the worst timing. I missed the opening of the new Spaceship Earth post-show by a few days. I was hoping to check it out on my trip; guess the video posted over at the Distant Creations blog will have to do for now.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I envy you.

I've really gotta get my woman and I down there again this summer. I need to make that trip happen.

Those giant foosball men are awesome. :lol

I didn't go to Animal Kingdom last time I went because the first time I went there when I lived in Tampa was about 6-8 months after it opened and I thought/remember it being terrible. Has it improved since then (obviously been a while now)?

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
Animal Kingdom has gotten better, and you can thank Everest for that.

BobbyBowden

Muckdog
Reaction score
Great pics.

Oh and Fox, in my opinion AK has the best roller coaster out of all the Disney parks now. Expedition Everest is amazing and well worth the trip over to AK.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah I don't even remember it that well...things that stand out in my mind is like a fake animatronic Triceratops, the Tree of Life, and thats pretty much it.

jmenjes

Muckdog
Reaction score
Everest really is helping to bring the crowds into AK. The park was packed on the day I was there. Good thing there's a single riders line for us solo travelers. I got 3 rides in on Everest, and never waited more than 10-15 minutes, where the regular standby line had wait times up to 40-50 minutes. The 3 rides really exacerbated my motion sickness, though...

I also got to see La Nouba while I was there. The show was just awesome. You HAVE to go check the show out if you can. You will not be disappointed at all

BobbyBowden

Muckdog
Reaction score
jmenjes, is that the new spaceship earth logo you have as your avatar?

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cool pics. I'll be going this Friday-Monday. I'm really looking forward to it. :arms

jmenjes

Muckdog
Reaction score
jmenjes, is that the new spaceship earth logo you have as your avatar?

Yes it is. I really like that logo; maybe we'll see newer, updated logos for the rest of Future World's attractions.

BobbyBowden

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm excited about the refurb, it's gonna be closed for a long time though. Such a classic ride in my opinion.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm excited about the refurb, it's gonna be closed for a long time though. Such a classic ride in my opinion.

What are they doing to it? I had no idea it was closed. :blink:

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
I love WDWMagic. They have such great info.

Top Bottom