What's new

My gf got me a Wii

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's right. We were on our way back from the Nats vs Mets game yesterday (Mets won on a beltran homer) on the metro, we were deciding whether to go out to dinner at home, in Arlington or out to DC.

She gets a phone call and seems really excited then when she hangs up, starts being all cryptic and quite. She looks at me and tells me "I wish I didn't have to tell you this now, but we have to go home because I reserved a Wii for you for your birthday and the place closes at 6 and they wont hold it for me until tomorrow"

I couldn't believe it! We went there and they actually were holding a Wii for her. Places NEVER do that, she went like a month ago and wrote her name and number on some dinky piece of paper and they actually responded to her...in fact, they called her 3 times! we just didn't hear it b/c we were at the game. The longest this place ever had Wiis in stock was 15 mins, at least thats what they said. I shouldn't be surprised, though, that they did this for her. You guys should see her, an absolute knock out.....and she's cool as hell to boot (obviosuly, she bought me a fricken Wii!).

While we were there she also got me an extra controller and the 1 yr warranty (she said the warranty was a gift for my roommates, since if they broke it and there was no warranty she would kill them, lol). She was a little sad b/c she wanted to surprise me for my bday (May 23rd). I assured her that the timing was perfect and it was the fact that she would take the time to think of this and do this for me that really mattered. I mean, aside from my parents paying for my college and doing things for me, this is the most special thing anyone has ever done for me. I really love this girl...

anyway, we set it up and played Wii sports all night long..it's so cool! I bought Zelda and might start playing a little today. She's actually pretty into it and wants to check it out. Just thought I'd share the story!

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's nearly May and they're still hard to find, Nintendo is swimming in cash right now.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
Those are still selling out? Wow thats crazy. They got the price right at $250

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
pics plz.

and not of the wii.
Post a pic of your wee.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I shouldn't be surprised, though, that they did this for her. You guys should see her, an absolute knock out....

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
sorry fellas, dont feel the need to stroke my ego...also don't think it's fair to post pics of someone to strangers without her knowing.

no pics! just have to use your imagination lol

besides, the thread was for the story

Top Bottom