What's new

My Thoughts on the Brewers Series.

djm305

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just got back from Milwaukee and while I always have a good time on vacation I must say most of those games were very painful to sit through, especially Sundays. Having seen all the games live and not on TV I am wondering if things looked different on TV. Because to me, it seemed like we are an INEPT team when we get people on base. It seemed like the whole series anytime we got anyone on base our offense disappeared. I lost track of how many times we got guys in scoring position and just could not pull the trigger. Here are some key things I noticed:

1. Why are people so high on Hermierda (PUN intended)? He either needs some time off or maybe some more work in the minors. HE is not MLB ready.
2. Hanley is horrible in the 3 spot. He just does not bat well with people on base. I am all for moving him back to leadoff.
3. I think we can officially end this Abercrombie experiment. The guy flat out sucks. Amezaga looked pretty good in that series and I think has earned the starting spot at CF full time at least until De Aza returns.
4. I could keep naming negatives but think most of them are obvious we have offensive issues and particularly in CLUTCH situations.
5. I think right now we probably have the WORST set of bench players in the history of MLB. (Borchard, Linden, Wood, Abercrombie, Treanor)

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bench is a real problem area. It happens, though, when two expected starters go down with an injury, plus we're missing our "pop off the bench" guy with Cody.

K's are a huge problem, but I guess some are just coming to this conclusion.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Teams with limited payrolls and lots of injuries dont have strong benches.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
If we had Cody and De Aza playing our bench would be much stronger.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
We ran into some very good pitching the last 2 games, and we're a mediocre team to begin with.
Swifty, what does that 10 mean in your posts.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
And some, like Fredi Gonzalez, don't believe its a problem at all.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
We ran into some very good pitching the last 2 games, and we're a mediocre team to begin with.
Swifty, what does that 10 mean in your posts.

The Bonds countdown.

So it's fine to second guess Girardi, but dammit, stay away from Fredi?

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
our bench isnt great, but it's being overexposed now because of injuries. The real problem is our lack of anything resembling a position prospect in the high minors.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
The bench sucks right now cuz of injuries but the one they had in '03 was pretty crappy
too and they were still able to go all the way so i'm not really worried about that.
Hanley needs to be leading off again but Fredi is too stupid to realize that.
Once Fredi figures out the stupidity of his ways and our guys get healthy,
They should be a pretty good team.

I dont think Fredi is stupid, so much as passive and afraid to pull the trigger on tough decisions.

djm305

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am surprised no one mentioned anything when I said Hermida flat out SUCKS right now. Ok I did not use those same words. But that is what I meant. Is everyone in agreement here?

He will go through another hot streak like he had when he first got here this year. Hopefully he can sustain it.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am surprised no one mentioned anything when I said Hermida flat out SUCKS right now. Ok I did not use those same words. But that is what I meant. Is everyone in agreement here?

I agree whole-heartedly, Hermida has his bat up his ass.

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
we not good as last year because too many guys out i not looking forward to another four game series with brave

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score

Umm....actually, I'm agreeing with you (and I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about Girardi). I can't believe Fredi doesn't think the K's are a problem, and I'm getting tired of seeing them strikeout 10 times per game.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

No, I disagree. I think he's miscast as a lower order RBI guy and as such he changes his game, but he is in a funk right now, but it's no worse than what Hanley's going through at the moment. And I expect both of them to be quite fine.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
His D sucks but it's too early to tell on his O.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score

I'm observing the complete opposite trend.

You must be kidding. :rolleyes: We havent had a fire Fredi thread and its June.

Top Bottom