What's new

Nail-biter!

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
WHEW!!!

3 straight! That's one we needed with Dontrelle on the mound. Would've been a devastating loss after being up 8-2.

Not the finish we wanted to see from Owens but it'll be a process sorting out this bullpen. It's still nice to know we have good options to pick from.

There is some serious wood being thrown around though. Uggla and Hanley are rolling.

Hammer with 4 walks. :eek:

And what a nice job Boone has been doing thus far. :thumbup

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........... I couldn't make it through 162 of these.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
3 straight! That's one we needed with Dontrelle on the mound. Would've been a devastating loss after being up 8-2.

Not the finish we wanted to see from Owens but it'll be a process sorting out this bullpen. It's still nice to know we have good options to pick from.

There is some serious wood being thrown around though. Uggla and Hanley are rolling.

Hammer with 4 walks. :eek:

And what a nice job Boone has been doing thus far. :thumbup

holy crap, i didnt even notice the 4 walks. :eek:

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
So I assume Owens is out at closer as the merry-go-round continues in an all hands on deck effort to keep the job ready for Julio to take over when he comes back.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
someone on this board (Iowa I believe) likes pinto as our closer. i think he's got closer stuff and mentality. if he could figure out his walk issues he would be a good closer. he doesn't give up homeruns, which is one of the keys in addition to not walking dudes.

Reaction score
Shouldn't have been that close, but glad we picked up a win on a division rival ahead of us.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would think they'd throw Owens out there again next opportunity. He'd looked great up 'til tonight.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
So I assume Owens is out at closer as the merry-go-round continues in an all hands on deck effort to keep the job ready for Julio to take over when he comes back.
Yup

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score

you have to wonder about that. who knows what they're thinking, but it looks that way.

i think of this as extended spring training. first test:

owens - failed
pinto - well, not really stretched out over an inning, but i can live with it. give him another shot.
lindstrom - maybe tomorrow?
tank - closer of the future for us, unless kmart comes in and keeps blowing people away

I would think they'd throw Owens out there again next opportunity. He'd looked great up 'til tonight.

he looked great out there tonight until he got two outs.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I forget who it was (Swift or penguino maybe) who wanted Lindstrom as closer. He certainly throws the heat, and he seems to pound the strike zone pretty well.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd make that connection. Owens getting replaced tonight=Julio returns as closer? I figured we were just trying to win the game, Owens wasn't getting it done, and Pinto had the matchup favor. I'd be shocked to not see Owens out there again in a similar situation.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Every pitcher has an inning like that. He did after all get the first two outs. Stuff happens, he'll get more chances.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
why? id bet henry is out there again in a save situation

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

you have to wonder about that. who knows what they're thinking, but it looks that way.

i think of this as extended spring training. first test:

owens - failed
pinto - well, not really stretched out over an inning, but i can live with it. give him another shot.
lindstrom - maybe tomorrow?
tank - closer of the future for us, unless kmart comes in and keeps blowing people away

he looked great out there tonight until he got two outs.

Just pretending my theory is right that they want to keep the job ready for Julio, you're going to see guys put out there who can run into trouble so they can be removed in our quasi-committee situation, so no way in hell do we see Tank get a fair shot.

Now, if we wake up tomorrow and Tank's been anointed the closer (as I have wanted, but understand some having a reluctance to) then all bets are off, so to speak, as I seriously doubt the Marlins would jerk around the best arm in the 'pen, but then again, anything is possible after what I've seen in the recent past.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think it's time to give up on Owens up. Not the best ending, but I'll take it. One more win to get back to .500.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
why? id bet henry is out there again in a save situation

Freddi gave his last closer more than one opportunity to blow the game and only after he was removed with the outcome still in question was he removed from his closing duties.

I assume the pattern's the same.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm happy I didn't watch this game.

you might have been happy that fredi didn't hesitate to take out owens when he was struggling instead of sticking with him.

Top Bottom