What's new

NASCAR is back

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Finally!

For those that care, Bud Shootout is tonight, Daytona 500 qualifying tomorrow, truck race next Friday, Busch race next Saturday, Daytona 500 next Sunday. I'm really liking the idea of NASCAR on ESPN. They used to do an awesome job broadcasting races.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm ready for it. I only watched maybe 8 races or so last season but I'll try to keep up more this year.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm pretty pumped...scheduled to go to 4 races between now and beginning of May to work. Might go to the 600 again this year as a fan. We'll see how the job situation is looking.

And the Bud Shootout is such an awesome way to open the season. Love the fact its at night now too.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Engines are started, we're going racing in few minutes.

I'm excited about qualifying tomorrow, my man Sterling Marlin has had some sick practice times.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
LET'S GO RACING BOYS! BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!

This is the first race of the new deal with NASCAR on FOX, TNT, ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2.

jmenjes

Muckdog
Reaction score
And we are rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrracing!

Trackpass is free tonight on NASCAR.com, BTW.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
got some $$ on DEI, Mark Martin and Kasey Kahne to win

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score

The shootout?

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pretty bad crash there on the last lap. Tony Stewart wins!

Hope everybody is ok!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

The shootout?
yep

all good though, I had DEI over Jeff Gordon, so that was nice

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ah fun stuff...should be an interesting year though

With Toyota making its debut. There's a lot of Nascar fans that hate Toyota already for obvious reasons...Rousch has already spoken out against them. Should be a fun mini rivalry to follow.

The 12 people make the chase thing. Disagree with that rule completely but whatever. More points to the winner which is good. Now they just need to give 5 points to the pole sitter and the points system would be just fine imo.

The whole Dale Jr contract thing will be interesting until it gets solved.

The car of tomorrow. Man. I don't even know what to say about that one. The drivers seem to hate it. We'll see how it works out. It's different. That's for sure.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it since he is my favorite driver, Mark won't win a race in that car.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it since he is my favorite driver, Mark won't win a race in that car.
I heard that he was having fantastic runs on that track in practice. Oh well, the $10 I blew on the race wont kill me

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
I heard that he was having fantastic runs on that track in practice. Oh well, the $10 I blew on the race wont kill me
He is never ever good on superspeedways. His first win at Daytona came last year in the truck race and he's been racing at Daytona since 1984.

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
He is never ever good on superspeedways. His first win at Daytona came last year in the truck race and he's been racing at Daytona since 1984.
He won the Bud Shootout in 1999, and has won the IROC race numerous times, but yes I do agree superspeedways are not his strongest area.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
He won the Bud Shootout in 1999, and has won the IROC race numerous times, but yes I do agree superspeedways are not his strongest area.
I was referring to actual NASCAR points races in NASCAR stock cars and trucks.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm excited about qualifying tomorrow, my man Sterling Marlin has had some sick practice times.
He just had a hell of a qualifying lap, also. Third only to Jeff Gordon and the man, the 2007 ROTY, David Ragan.

FishFan24

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dave Gilliland is the new pole sitter with an impressive second lap. Waiting to see where Dale Jr. ends up sitting. Hopefully he can get himself in a good enough position today or on Thursday with the 150's to make a serious run at Daytona win # 2.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
He just had a hell of a qualifying lap, also. Third only to Jeff Gordon and the man, the 2007 ROTY, David Ragan.

Barring disaster in the Dual 150's, we shouldn't have much trouble getting into the race.

Top Bottom