What's new

National League All Star Selection Rd.1

Reaction score
so its may 29th, very early, but mlb.com has posted the national league voting stats to this date.

remember, fans only pick the starters. the bench is left up to the players themselves as well as the managers for the game. LaRussia and Leyland.

here we go. no shocker, mets are all in front.

2007 MLB All-Star Balloting
1st Base
Pujols Fielder Lee Garcipara Delgado
2nd Base
Utley Biggio Weeks Valentine Kent
3rd Base
Wright Jones Cabby Ramirez Rolen
Short Stop
Reyes Hardy Rollins Eckstein Renteria
Catcher
LoDuca McAnn Martin Estrada Molina (Y)
Outfield
Beltran (most total votes) Soriano Bonds
Griffey Andruw Lee
Alou Hall Jenkins
Franceor Edmonds Green
Hart Rowand Holliday

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
4 mets voted in as starters wouldn't surprise me..

Reaction score
i think catching is a joke and the outfields even more of a joke.

bonds is deserving but the others are whatever.

long way to go, so ill shutup for now

MikeLowell25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can see an argument on Soriano, but Beltran isn't doing bad enough for a complaint. Catchers, yeah.. that one..
Some other here or theres, but nothing crazy imo. Surprised Hanley isn't top 5 in votes, but whatever works for the voters.

HelmsE

Muckdog
Reaction score
Despite the fact that the fans only pick the starters, I think fan voting needs to be done away with. The fact the voting is primarily a popularity contest rather than a vote based on actual performance just ruins it.

MVPosey

Muckdog
Reaction score
Despite the fact that the fans only pick the starters, I think fan voting needs to be done away with. The fact the voting is primarily a popularity contest rather than a vote based on actual performance just ruins it.
it should be based on name players more than their performance in the last three months anyways...who would you rather see, Albert Pujols or Adrian Gonzalez? Craig Biggio or Kelly Johnson? Andruw Jones or Aaron Rowand?

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
The All-Star game is a joke, it's just going to be the Mets and Cardinals taking on the Yankees and Red Sox.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
it should be based on name players more than their performance in the last three months anyways...who would you rather see, Albert Pujols or Adrian Gonzalez? Craig Biggio or Kelly Johnson? Andruw Jones or Aaron Rowand?

So by that logic you'd rather see Tom Glavine over, say, Tim Lincecum.

The whole concept of "name" is stupid anyway. The reason MLB is such a far distant second to football is that football pushes all competitive teams in the national spotlight, MLB, just a select few. Do you think that if MLB had the equivalent of the Carolina Panthers, Steve Smith would be a household name in the MLB world?

That's the point, MLB has talent oozing from smaller payroll/market teams and doesn't give them the limelight. In the era of name value, guys like Mark Teahen, David DeJesus, Hanley Ramirez, Roy Halladay and countless others are too greatly overlooked.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am really feeling Wrights .269/.366/.468 line.
April: .244/.370/.311
May: .292/.361/.615

Those numbers are on their way up Spike, don't worry.

You can become a big name by being an All Star

Mark

Muckdog
Reaction score
I love it. Abreu and Damon over Maggs in voting.

Very surpised Posada isn't higher at AL Catcher.

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
AL List is as follows

1B: Ortiz, Giambi, Morneau, Hafner, Casey

2B: Cano, Polanco, Kinsler, Upton, Pedoria

SS: Jeter, Tejada, Guillen, Lugo, Young

3B: Rodriguez, Lowell, Inge, Chavez, Crede

C: Pudge, Mauer, Varitek, Posada, Martinez

OF: Guerrero, Ramirez, Suzuki, Hunter, Abreu, Damon, Ordonez, Drew, Sizemore, Matsui, Sosa, Crisp, Sheffield, Crawford, Wells

Top Bottom