What's new

Nationals GM says Marlins are in for a LONG season

Reaction score
I work in MLB and the other day I was able to sit around with Jim Bowden and Brain Schnieder. Jim and Brain were commenting on Perry Hill when it brought up the topic of the team in general. Jim explained that the Marlins are going to have a long and rough year this upcoming season and that all we have is Miguel Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla. I was smirking because I realize it could be a long season in Florida this summer but at the same time...should this guy even be talking? On paper the Nationals look like a team that can, and will, lose 100 games if not more. Obviously this went unsaid from my standpoint but I thought he was stupid in commenting on us like that. I guess he will learn when we come up there and sweep them on opening series.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll just assume by long season, he means that the Marlins will get to play more game than the Nationals due to the playoffs.

Floridalion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bowden is a clown...I cannot wait for the Marlins hitters to face that make shift pitching staff.

3-0 out of the shoot would be a great start to the season.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Leather Pants is a dickhead.

That's all.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll just assume by long season, he means that the Marlins will get to play more game than the Nationals due to the playoffs.
it took me a few read-throughs to get it... but... ZING!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bowden is a moron, and this isnt even in reference to his comments about the Marlins

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
I work in MLB and the other day I was able to sit around with Jim Bowden and Brain Schnieder. Jim and Brain were commenting on Perry Hill when it brought up the topic of the team in general. Jim explained that the Marlins are going to have a long and rough year this upcoming season and that all we have is Miguel Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla. I was smirking because I realize it could be a long season in Florida this summer but at the same time...should this guy even be talking? On paper the Nationals look like a team that can, and will, lose 100 games if not more. Obviously this went unsaid from my standpoint but I thought he was stupid in commenting on us like that. I guess he will learn when we come up there and sweep them on opening series.

Whats your position with MLB?

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
yea he's an all around moron. He only has one injury prone pitcher on his staff and managed to get nothing for soriano. why does he still have a job?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
since when does anything bowden say mean dick?

PBCMarlinsFan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bowden is a joker. If it wasn't for some late heroics from Ryan Zimmerman in a couple games, the Marlins would have had nearly a perfect record against the Nats in 2006. I expect they are in for another long season against the Fish in 2007.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bowden has always been and will always be a complete tool and a moron.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
i stopped listening to what that crackhead had to say years ago.

Reaction score

Whats your position with MLB?

work with a baseball team clubhouse. i did it for the marlins for a few years as well, but as a batboy. now ive moved on.

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Jim explained that the Marlins are going to have a long and rough year this upcoming season and that all we have is Miguel Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla.
I think Willingham and Jacobs will out homer anyone on Washington given full seasons.

Regardless, what's the over/under on run differential for Washington? -100? To generous?

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
According to Vegas, the Nationals will lose more games than anyone this year. I believe their o/u for wins is 65. Less than the Royals, DRays, etc.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
You know as stupid as Bowden is, I really find it hard to believe he said all the Marlins have is Hanley, Uggla and Cabrera.

Top Bottom