What's new

NBA Finals

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Allright, as promised....

I am here.

The Spurs played one of their worst games in a few months....

They turned the ball over 8 million times.

They couldnt make free throws.

Duncan went 3-10 from the line.

Spurs make free throws and/or do not turn the ball over, they win going away.

As it is, even with playing like garbage, they still had a game winning shot and a chance to shatter the Nets hearts.

The Spurs will adjust to 90 year old Mutombo.

I hope the Nets still have some more tricks, cause if that was their best.....the Nets are in trouble.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
come out, come out wherever you are

:shifty

Bryan

Muckdog
Reaction score
"They turned the ball over 8 million times."

Almost all were forced turnovers (otherwise known as good defense).

"They couldnt make free throws.

Duncan went 3-10 from the line."

Yup, thats been the Spurs downfall all playoffs, choking. The Nets hit theirs, the Spurs simply didnt.

"Spurs make free throws and/or do not turn the ball over, they win going away."

The Nets recognized that Duncan has been struggling from the line this year and at the end they were intentionally fouling him, just to put him on the line, knowing there was a good chance of a choke.

And as far as turning the ball over, none of those would've happened if the Nets hadnt played such solid defense.

"As it is, even with playing like garbage, they still had a game winning shot and a chance to shatter the Nets hearts."

I notice ZERO credit was given to the Nets defense (the exact defense the Suns played - and yes that was successful too)...Hmmm...It couldn't have been that the Nets simply played good D tonight...No...couldnt be.

"The Spurs will adjust to 90 year old Mutombo."

and

"If Mutombo plays extended minutes, I am very happy, as he is nothing more than a big stiff at this point in his career....with no offensive game and no ability to rotate on defense." - From a post in your other thread.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I know really, what a stiff! He's so bad he stumped the Spurs inside game! Man, is he ever stiff.

"I hope the Nets still have some more tricks, cause if that was their best.....the Nets are in trouble. "

You lost a game at home, giving up home court. You had momentum, you had confidence, and you had the crowd on your side, and yet the Nets still won. Jeez, dont downgrade a great job by the Nets or anything.

And no, the Nets didnt do their best. They still missed a ton of open threes. Just wait until we get home, on our court, hitting our shots, with our crowd, our momentum, and our new re-found confidence.

That will be the Nets at their best.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
nice of you to show up after a victory bryan.....

I notice you werent here after the loss...

The Spurs all year have turned the ball over and missed free throws...that is nothing new.

The Nets adjusted on defense and did a good job of not allowing, especially Duncan to go off.

The Spurs are a better road team...

No team has ever won the middle 3. It will not happen this year neither. The Spurs played like total crap this game, and have only played one decent half this finals....

The Nets forced some turnovers, the Spurs had some unforced turnovers....

That's basketball...

I also noticed that in your couple of words on game 1...you gave the Spurs no credit.

I gave the Nets credit in my analysis prior to this series....

You have do nothing other than be a homer Net fan.....

I offered analysis...granted slanted toward the Spurs...but then again the Spurs are the favored team in this series....

You have offered nothing but crap....

The Spurs do not lose two in a row like this.....they will come out and destroy the Nets Sunday. Watch and observe.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
and regarding Mutombo...

I guess they dusted off his fossilized 90 year old bones for one game.....

I swear listening to him talk is like listening to my great grandpa talk.

I dont expect to see him have that much of an impact in game 3.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Like I said Nets in six and don't make excuses Das.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
when the spurs win this series...

I dont want to hear jersey excuses.

Bryan

Muckdog
Reaction score
nice of you to show up after a victory bryan.....

I notice you werent here after the loss...

I stayed at my Nets board and cleaned up all the crap on it after that game. A couple of Spurs fans were trolling it up. Next time, ill be sure not to miss you. Count on it.

The Spurs all year have turned the ball over and missed free throws...that is nothing new.

Yeah we agree - time #1.

The Nets adjusted on defense and did a good job of not allowing, especially Duncan to go off.

Well, its nice to see they get at least some defensive credit from you.

The Spurs are a better road team...

Agreement #2.

No team has ever won the middle 3. It will not happen this year neither. The Spurs played like total crap this game, and have only played one decent half this finals....

Funny so have the Nets, they played the last two quarters real well. Game 1 the Spurs simply dominated the Nets in the third quarter. Duncan couldn't be stopped at that point.

The Nets forced some turnovers, the Spurs had some unforced turnovers....

That's basketball...

Agreement #3 - Good defense by the Nets. It was almost identical to what the Spurs did in game 1.

I also noticed that in your couple of words on game 1...you gave the Spurs no credit.

I gave the Nets credit in my analysis prior to this series....

Yeah you'd be right, that's my fault. Sorry - I wasnt really thinking about the Spurs side though. Just thinking about what the Nets did wrong. Ill try to be more even when posting in the future

You have do nothing other than be a homer Net fan.....

As I said up there, Ill try to be more even when posting in the future as far as comments on the game. But - I haven't had the time to really get in-depth on series analysis - stupid exams are holding me back. Sorry.

I offered analysis...granted slanted toward the Spurs...but then again the Spurs are the favored team in this series....

You have offered nothing but crap....

What about my analysis was crap exactly? I said that the Nets didnt bring their A game.

As I said Ill be more 'both team' oriented from now on. And thats all I have to say here

The Spurs do not lose two in a row like this.....they will come out and destroy the Nets Sunday. Watch and observe.

Nets have played great at home in the playoffs this postseason. I look forward to a great game, with both teams bringing all they got.

David Robinson will probably be rejuvenated, and I look for both teams to be on top of their games.
Check the italics in the quote box.

Bryan

Muckdog
Reaction score
and regarding Mutombo...

I guess they dusted off his fossilized 90 year old bones for one game.....

Actually he's more like 100 :lol

I swear listening to him talk is like listening to my great grandpa talk.

Yeah his mid game interview was hard on the ole ears.

BTW - Ever hear Tim Legler do a Deke impersonation?He sounds just like him, its hilarious

I dont expect to see him have that much of an impact in game 3.

Well we will see. I could see both the Admiral and Deke coming out ready for game 3, as they both will get their needed rest.

Also, I like what ABC is doing with the Budweiser Hot Seat. That's always a good listen before the show starts. Only problem is Jim Grey (or is it Gray) does it. And to steal your phrase, He's a stiff :D .

Top Bottom