What's new

NBA Trade Deadline

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Iverson started off the mid-season trading with a bang.

Will the Griz trade Gasol? Bulls look like a VERY good trade partner. According to ESPN, they think Gordon+Nocioni (and PJ Brown for the contract) is what Memphis would want. Bulls have Knicks 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and next years 2nd round pick so that cant be overlooked. Brown, Nocioni and the NY pick would be ideal. Granted we could end up kicking ourselves for moving that pick but a lineup of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Gasol and Wallace would be an absolute force.

FishFanInPA

The Clips and Nets did have a semi-serious discussion about a two-for-two swap ? Shaun Livingston/Corey Maggette for Marcus Williams/Vince Carter ? but the patient died on the table about a week ago. Here?s the thing: We?re told it?s entirely possible that they could revisit it before the deadline ? or perhaps some other permutation -- if this thing starts to go sideways again. http://www.nj.com/newslogs/nets/index.ssf?..._01.html#229287

The Grizzlies apparently are asking for at least two of three from among Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Kirk Hinrich. If that doesn't change, there will be no deal of Pau Gasol for the Bulls. I don't believe they'd give up two of the three. They'd like to keep all three, but might have to give up one. It will probably come down to the trading deadline, and if the Grizzlies don't have a better deal, then maybe the Bulls do it without disturbing their main core, though I doubt that. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope they just throw everything at Gasol that doesnt involve Gordon, Deng or Hinrich.

Peices they can move:

*PJ Brown (8 mil expiring contract)
*Andres Nocioni
*Tyrus Thomas
*Chris Duhon
*Thabo Sefolosha
*2007 Knicks 1st round pick
*2007 Golden State 2nd round pick
*2007 Nuggets 2nd round pick

I really think we'll be able to find the right combo out of that to get Gasol. Not getting my hopes up but man thatd be nice.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Clippers won't trade Livingston.

Flying_Mollusk

Muckdog
Reaction score
I really think the Bulls would regret not including that pick in the trade. A combo of Nocioni, Gordon, and the pick probably gets it locked in. I think that is what Memphis is holding out for. Would the Bulls also do Nocioni, Gordon, Brown, and the pick for Gasol and Mike Miller(trade works)? It would kill there summer 07 hopes, but does it matter? Wouldnt they sign Gasol to a big contract if they had the chance anyway? Miller would replace Nocioni too.

But here is why I think they shouldnt hold out over that pick. Right now if they did the swap with the Knicks, they would get the 11th pick. Yes its a deep draft, but the 11th pick is nothing special, even in deep drafts. The Bulls best bet would be a young player who would end up riding the pine anyway right? Shades of the Pistons and Darko?

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Would the Bulls also do Nocioni, Gordon, Brown, and the pick for Gasol and Mike Miller(trade works)?
I highly doubt it. I really dont think Pax wants to move 2 of the 4.. let alone moving Gordon at all.

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score

Will the Griz trade Gasol? Bulls look like a VERY good trade partner. According to ESPN, they think Gordon+Nocioni (and PJ Brown for the contract) is what Memphis would want. Bulls have Knicks 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and next years 2nd round pick so that cant be overlooked. Brown, Nocioni and the NY pick would be ideal. Granted we could end up kicking ourselves for moving that pick but a lineup of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Gasol and Wallace would be an absolute force.

The Bulls have the right to trade 1st round picks with the Knicks, they do not own that or any other of their picks. Jerry West is old and going senile, but I'm not sure he would want to trade out of the #1 spot.

On Edit:
http://www.insidehoops.com/curry-trade-knicks-100405.shtml

As I said, they can switch picks this year (which would not do Memphis any good) along with this year and '09's 2nd rounders.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
If they get Gasol they will have to give up Gordon, he is the centerpiece they want back dude.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score

The Bulls have the right to trade 1st round picks with the Knicks, they do not own that or any other of their picks. Jerry West is old and going senile, but I'm not sure he would want to trade out of the #1 spot.
I dont understand.. trading out of the #1 spot?

But i did mis-speak.. Bulls have the right to switch 1st rounders, like you said.. the other two 2nd round picks came from Denver.. one is Denvers, the other is Golden States, i think..

And 79, thats your opinion.. we shall see.

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score

But i did mis-speak.. Bulls have the right to switch 1st rounders, like you said.. the other two 2nd round picks came from Denver.. one is Denvers, the other is Golden States, i think..

Memphis has the worst record in the NBA, so they would likely get the #1 pick. Even assuming they get one of the top 3 picks, all that trading for the Bull's right to swap picks would get them is a chance to trade down for a worse pick. The option of trading picks does NOTHING for Memphis. Completely worthless to any team that finishes worse than the Knicks.

Flying_Mollusk

Muckdog
Reaction score

Memphis has the worst record in the NBA, so they would likely get the #1 pick. Even assuming they get one of the top 3 picks, all that trading for the Bull's right to swap picks would get them is a chance to trade down for a worse pick. The option of trading picks does NOTHING for Memphis. Completely worthless to any team that finishes worse than the Knicks.

I dont think that the right to swap picks gets transferred over to Memphis' pick which is independant of the Bulls pick. The Grizzlies can acquire the Bulls pick, which will be in the 20s, and also acquire the right the Bulls currently own to swap picks with the Knicks. That would give the Grizzlies two first round picks, one of which would ultimately end up being the Knicks pick. Not sure if that is what is being confused right now.

And Iowa, I think he will have to end up parting with two of the 4. But who knows. I was totally wrong on the Sixers. Isnt Gordon his least favorite of the 3(Deng, Hinrich, Gordon)? Deng and Hinrich are much more stable players so I think adding Gasol and Miller with them would be great.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why would the Bulls trade Tryus Thomas? Or Gordon? IMO, Both of them should be untouchable. Deng and Nocioni are very tradeable because of the overload at SF, and I could see them trading Hinrich.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score

I still don't get it.. I never said anything about Memphis trading down or swapping our pick. All I'm making is an offer to give the Grizzlies, which would include our pick (which can be swapped with NYK). So they would end up having two lottery picks. Am I not being clear enough because you are confusing me

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score

I still don't get it.. I never said anything about Memphis trading down or swapping our pick. All I'm making is an offer to give the Grizzlies, which would include our pick (which can be swapped with NYK). So they would end up having two lottery picks. Am I not being clear enough because you are confusing me

Nope, I was confused. You didn't mention trading the Bulls pick, just the Knicks pick. I didn't make the connection to trading the Bulls pick instead.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
My fault.. i confuse myself sometimes.

Side note, the Trib says the Bulls won't be trading Hinrich, Deng or Gordon... take that fwiw.

The popular offer, and probably best one we could make is PJ Brown, 1st round pick, Duhon and Nocioni.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rumor now is Deng, Thomas and PJ for Gasol.. also Deng, Thabo, PJ and 2009 1st round pick

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rumor now is Deng, Thomas and PJ for Gasol.. also Deng, Thabo, PJ and 2009 1st round pick
That would be awful.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
If I'm going to be involved in a trade with the Bulls I would want Gordon or Hinrich. Especially if I'm Memphis and looking to build with younger guys.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
If I'm going to be involved in a trade with the Bulls I would want Gordon or Hinrich. Especially if I'm Memphis and looking to build with younger guys.
Hinrich can't be traded because he signed an extension this year. That's part of the CBA. Deng is probably better then Gordon anyways.

Top Bottom