What's new

NEED TO MAKE TRADE

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
BUL PEN is not a WILD CARD type of bul pen... we wanna make a run we have to do something...... i dunno what, but something.....

Beckett comes back july 1st meaning TOMMY P will be moved in the bul pen SPOONY should be back.....

Almazna Blows " i was yelling at my radio, when he was pitching"

Levrault is good

Loop is our closer he comes in the 9th game OVA

Olsen and Neal shouldnt even be playing MLB they should be in Tripple A Neal has gotten way too many chances to prove him self hasnt done it yet!!!

Tejera VERY INCONSISTANT and his 4.91 ERA not helping him look good.....

any one know how long Borland is out he was doing great 1.86 ERA he was throwing darts like Levrault...

i liked spoony alot but his latest problems had to be due to the elbow injury he just suffered he must of had that prob 4 a few weeks now and that would explain his bad outtings of recient memory

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Borland will probably be back after the break, and Spooney is going to be activated the 27th. Beckett was supposed to be back the 24th but his rehab start has being delayed so he could be back by the 26th instead.

I dont think a trade is needed, because when Borland, Spooney, and Beckett are back the pen will be better. Phelps will go back to the Pen, and Olsen and Neal will go back down again. That leaves Armando, but I feel that if he does not turn it around soon Trader Jack will sent him down and call up Alvarez. Tejera I feel could do well in the pen so he's okay by my book.

In my opinion with those 3 guys healthy the bullpen will be good. So no traded is need to improve it.

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
guess ya right....... neva looked at that way..... maybe we should send down almanza he better turn it aorund soon... im not putting up with his crap anymore..... i have had enough of him and Hollly

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
one of the only reasons why alamanza is a major leaguer is because he is a match up guy (left handed)

he has been a below average/ inconsistent pitcher for years now

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
actually just he always has abad MAY, he mostly needs to be able to control his speeds and give up less walks. when he starts sneaking in speed, he loses control and walks players and leaves in the wrong spot.

and there is no other lefty his price that can throw 92-96, hold base runners, move as quick as him of the mound, he just needs to go over his pitching with rosenthal more often and work on mechanics

and today, as stated was only a problem due to what, walks
his value to the bullpen is more then olsen, neal, tejera, borland

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Neal has gotten way too many chances to prove him self hasnt done it yet!!!
I think he kinda proved himself last season...

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Odom you should think these things through a little before going off on these rants. Olsen is obviously only in until Spoony is healthy, and Neal or Borland will go down also like BurnettHeat mentioned.

I would agree with you that this isn't necessarily a playoff-caliber pen, but most of the guys are fine. They could use maybe one more piece, a veteran guy in there...most bullpen vets are pricey though. I think Almanza will be fine. Tejera I'm not so sure about. Right now they just need to worry about scoring runs. The starting staff is doing the job most nights.

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
A. Almanza this season: 4.98 ERA...the average era for Marlins pitchers this season (thats including Nunez and Wayne, who definitely raise the ERA) is 4.04...of the 18 pitchers who have pitched for us this season, he is 14th in ERA. Nice. Incredible if you ask me. And if you remember, he had that great April (just like last season when he started the season after his injury pitching so well)...which means his ERA has been a lot worse through May and June. Some say...well ERA doesnt mean too much...well, that's B.S. Because that is what the pitcher himself can control. A pitcher can't get run support on his own, therefore getting wins. So, unless you are shutting out teams, you arent guaranteed wins. And if you are shutting out teams, then you're ERA will be pretty darn low. (Sorry about the side-rant).

For Almanza's credit....he does strike a lot of people out...he does have 5 holds, and he does pitch a lot of innings.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Armando's era by months:
April: 2.13
May: 9.00
June: 3.18

he seems to be turning the corner, but he looked pretty shaky last night

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guys! Remember that Tejera and Phelps will return to the bullpen upon the return of Prince Josh! Almanza slumps in May and June every year, right? No excuse, but most likely he will improve. We need Spooney to get healthy and get back and dominate. Looper has been on a roll, so I have no complaints right now. Neal probably will be sent down when Josh gets back. We need to have good outings from ALL of our starters until these moves can be made.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
We really need a nickname for Beckett...

And I think Olsen will get sent down, not Neal. Neal will stay up untill Spooney is back...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
josh's nickname?

glass
? :confused :blink: he seems to get hurt all the time/breaks/very fragile

Top Bottom