What's new

New details emerge about Astros cheating scandal

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Very interesting, as the article points out, that it's two guys who work with Boston who are angry at Fiers.

What if Manfred offers Mookie Betts immunity for telling the truth about Boston? Hmmmmmmmm.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the Red Sox investigation taking realllllly long?

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Somehow they deserve to keep that "piece of metal" though. It is ridiculous and it lets their players and fans act like they earned it.

I do not believe the title should be awarded to another team, that isn't a good solution. It should be vacated. There should be no 2017 WS champion

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Somehow they deserve to keep that "piece of metal" though. It is ridiculous and it lets their players and fans act like they earned it.

I do not believe the title should be awarded to another team, that isn't a good solution. It should be vacated. There should be no 2017 WS champion
I think we need to give it to someone though.

We can't not have a WS champion.

I say, to be completely unbiased and in the interest of fairness, we don't give it to anyone who made the playoffs because there's no way to say they would have conclusively won if the Astros hadn't cheated therefore I say it goes to a team who didn't make the playoffs...

From there I think since the Astros are in the AL we immediately have to disqualify every AL team because there's no way we can prove they would have even beaten the Astros during the regular season without the cheating so the championship has to obviously go to an NL team...

And that year if we look at the results of the NL teams who didn't make the playoffs the next best team was the Brewers but the Brewers can't get that championship because they used to be in the AL therefore they are disqualified. After that comes the Cardinals and that team's number one fan is @Das Texan so obviously we can't reward him for being the way that he is so the Cardinals are now out as well...

Moving on I think it's only fair to give it to whichever team finished after the Brewers and Cardinals... and a quick search on the Google machine tells me that next best team was...

oh hey would you look at that it was the Marlins!

Ladies and gentlemen... your 2017 World Series Champions the Miami Marlins!

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Lol, I thought you were actually trying to figure out who to give it to, and then I was like....oh
I was very serious. I don't know why everyone thinks there's so much sarcasm around here.

DTrain

LumberKing
Reaction score
Thought I’d share a story you don’t hear every day.

Took my sons to Marlins @ Astros this past Tuesday in West Palm Beach.

In between innings while the Astros outfielders were warming up, the CF inadvertently threw the ball over Kyle Tucker’s head (Tucker was playing RF).

The ball rolled to the area right in front of where we were sitting (we had Field Box seats on the 1st base line but more toward the outfield).

Tucker ran toward us to retrieve the ball. He picked up the ball, looked at us (we were all wearing Marlins gear) and asked us if we wanted the baseball.

Of course we did.

Point of the story: how many times have you been asked by a major leaguer if you want a baseball? I’ve never. Neither have my young sons. Usually it’s the fans asking for the baseballs.

Top Bottom