Luis Castillo 2B
Ivan Rodriguez C
Derrek Lee 1B
Mike Lowell 3B
Miguel Cabrera LF
Juan Encarnacion RF
Alex Gonzalez SS
Brad Penny P

whoa!!, Mckeon shook up the line up??, what do you guys think about cabrera batting 6th, moving up already?? its amazing that one of our allstars is batting 8th, but that is probablly where i would put him too, unless i move things so that pudge doesnt bat third , but he has come on of late, what do you guys think of the revamed order?? and is it really necessary with the team playing so well?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's always valuable to be able to have the luxary of a guy like A-Gon batting eight. I like what he did. Lowell is slumping, and Lee is getting hot. And Miguel has impressed me thus far, and I have no doubt he will not only perform, but be more comfortable in the 6 hole...

We'll see how it produces, because as of late the other one struggled...

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
What an insult to A-Gon! He should be batting 3rd no questions asked. And a hitter like him batting 8th is just inviting a pitcher to not give him anything to hit. My ideal lineup is:

Pierre
Luis
A-Gon
Lowell
Lee
Juan E
Pudge
Cabs

But Pudge has our management by the balls for some reason, so they won't move him down.

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
Holy stupid!!!!

I challenge all of you to name one manager who won't pitch around Lowell. Cabrera may show promise, but I don't think he's going to keep pitchers honest about pitching around Lowell. :thumbdown

Same goes for Pudge. If you've got a runner in scoring position with less that two out, why would you pitch to Pudge when you can get Lee to ground into a twin killing. :thumbdown

It wasn't broke, why is he trying to fix it? :banghead

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
lee is hot of late??? he batted 200 on the homestand, but your right, before that he was doing well, bats well on the road too

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Jack must have the same feeling I do about D-Lee and The Natural tonight...

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
A-gon batting third seems right to me, especially when lowell bats fourth, A-gon would see a lot of pitches, would put up even bigger numbers than now

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Exactly...I'm amazed hes continued to put up such numbers batting where he is now.

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
I bet Lee will go at least 0-2 tonite with RISP. Pierre and/or Luis get on, maybe even Pudge, and then Lee comes in to cool them off with his 32 ounce fan.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lee homers twice in the series if he plays all 3 games. We don't ahve to face Seo do we? :angry

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd rather have Pudge hitting 3rd. He is more of a threat, not statisticaly but he is still considered more threatning with the bat than A-Gon... Plus, it's quite a valuable luxary to have a guy like A-Gon at the bottom of a line-up...

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
no, no fillet, he likes to GIDP in those situations, he K's when no one is on haha

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
It wasn't broke, why is he trying to fix it?
Well, it was kind of broke. The Marlins just finished a 7-game homestand against two last-place teams and scored 19 runs-thats 2.7 runs a game, not going to get it done on the road and against tougher teams that are coming up. Mckeon knew he couldnt keep Cabrera hitting 8th, so hes probably trying to find the best spot for him for the long haul.

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
nope, we miss seo :thumbup ..........by the way, i picked up both dontrell and seo on my fantasy team before they put up there big numbers.....all cause i follow the marlins. heeh

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i dont care about 'gut feelings'

why on earth is DLee ahead of Lowell?

freakin aye

*hopes to eat crow*

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
by the way.... where did you here this?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
that's Admin's lineup

i dont think thats tonights lineup

it wont be up for 1/2 hour

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm still learning the game of baseball as we all are, but maybe moving Lowell down in the order forces pitchers to go after everyone in front of those guys so when Lowell does come up nobody is on. Apply the same logic to A-Gon batting 8th in the order and it somewhat makes sense. I don't agree with it but just trying to rationalize the shuffling. I mean Jack knows more about baseball then we do...Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom