What's new

New Music Thread

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
This forum is seriously lacking in quality, consistent music discussion.

So basically if you have heard anything recent that is good or bad, etc. post it here.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
Can't get enough of that new Fray song...although by MB standards, I guess it's old already.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've been listening to the new Bright Eyes album a lot lately, as well as the Hold Steady's album from last year. Both of them are extremely great.

As far as new music goes on the radio, the new Avril Lavigne song is among the worst things I've ever heard. And that song by Daughtry or whatever it is is pretty awful too.

"Sweet Escape" and "Read Your Mind" get my votes for best songs on the Radio right now.

Also, I'm quite dissapointed by the new Maroon 5 single. I really liked most of the stuff of Jane, but this new song is a terribly misguided idea. Not sure what they were thinking.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Hold Steady album is fantastic. I don't have anything backing this up but they seem liked they'd be absolutely stellar live.

As far as pop singles go, Say It Right by Nelly Furtado is great.

I have no shame in saying I really like that album.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Hold Steady album is fantastic. I don't have anything backing this up but they seem liked they'd be absolutely stellar live.

I can straight up throw down some dance moves to that single.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
The weird, distant sounding background vocals by Timbaland makes the song for me.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score

The Hold Steady were the only band I considered a must see at Langerado. I hope they come back down to MIami, but I'm almost positive they are playing at Bonnaroo, so I'll hopefully see them there.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yes. Very excellent, hooky track. Timbaland's production is minimalistic but it has a nice dark quality to it. The dude is very talented and Nelly's voice just reeks of sex. There are at least 4 strong singles on that record.

My single of the moment? "Counting Down The Days" by Sunfreakz featuring Andrea Britton. Pure Dance/Pop bliss.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm also completely in love with Lilly Allen and her single "Smile".

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just love how Allen's accent is still prevelant in her singing. I love how she sounds.

That song is basically the ultimate anti-man song, but it still is a good pop single.

On the subject of pop songs, I may have to duck for saying this, and I don't think I'd ever mention this to my friends in person but that Fergie Glamorous song is solid/catchy. Its easily her best single, not saying much because I thought all her other 'efforts' were absolutely sh*t.

My pop music selection is heavily skewed by whatever my fiancee has burned when I ride in her car so I don't hear that much variety or whatever.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just love how Allen's accent is still prevelant in her singing. I love how she sounds.

That song is basically the ultimate anti-man song, but it still is a good pop single.

On the subject of pop songs, I may have to duck for saying this, and I don't think I'd ever mention this to my friends in person but that Fergie Glamorous song is solid/catchy. Its easily her best single, not saying much because I thought all her other 'efforts' were absolutely sh*t.

My pop music selection is heavily skewed by whatever my fiancee has burned when I ride in her car so I don't hear that much variety or whatever.

My pop selection is skewed by whatever VH1 and MTV play late at night.

Everyone else seems to love "Glamorous" but i just can't get into it.

The only thing I've liked that she's been involved with was "Gone Going" off their last cd, and thats only because it's one of my favorite Jack Johnson songs.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually I lied, I catch a lot of what is 'popular' when I lift in the morning. VH1 and MTV play music videos straight in the early morning hours and I like that better then hearing Sportscenter twice in a row (or at all).

Libelula

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone's heard of them but everyone should check out Mad Caddies. I've been listening to them since like, 2002 and they never get old. They classify themselves as Reggae, Punk, and Ska but they do it really well. They're one of those bands that actually do slow songs really well. If anyone wants to listen, get a "copy" of "Just One More" or wait for their new CD coming out May 1st called "Keep It Going". Or you could just head over to their Myspace to hear some of their stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/mad_caddies

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've basically just been listening exclusively to Coachella 2007 artists for the last two months, as is my custom every year.

We've already talked about Lily Allen on here. I think I like Amy Winehouse's Back to Black a little more. The two of them get compared a lot, but really they're pretty different. The both young, female, and British...and that's about where the similarities end. Amy Winehouse is a bit darker both personally and musically (her lead single is about refusing to go to rehab for alcoholism). Her album is like a good Motown record.

I mentioned the new Blonde Redhead in another thread. I'll just plug it again here. It's titled 23, and it's really good.

And my favorite album from last year comes from another Coachella artist, the Silversun Pickups. The album is titled Carnavas. And the first place people tend to go when describing their sound is to compare them to early Smashing Pumpkins. So, yeah.

And finally Bjork's new single--Earth Intruders--was released for digital download today. The new album comes out in early May.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
And my favorite album from last year comes from another Coachella artist, the Silversun Pickups. The album is titled Carnavas. And the first place people tend to go when describing their sound is to compare them to early Smashing Pumpkins. So, yeah.
Yeah, that album is great. Not a weak moment in it.

The video for Lazy Eye is great too.

METSrosexual

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you all are interested in something you wont find on the radio or pretty much anywhere else around here, I just picked up "Astor Piazzolla Remixed". Awesome listen for anyone that likes the neo tango, electronic genre. Very cool, chill out music with a lot of feel. Highly recommended.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, that album is great. Not a weak moment in it.

The video for Lazy Eye is great too.

Hmm, I've heard mixed things about it. I'll look into picking it up.

I liked "Lazy Eye" except for the fact that it sounded way too much like Mellon Collie era Pumpkins. I felt Billy Corgan should've gotten some royalty checks for that one.

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
I really can't wait for the Arctic Monkey's new album "favourite worst nightmare." The new single "brianstorm" is freaking awesome. The drum intro is pure crack

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
i dunno any these names......

but as far as rap goes Paul Wall and Mims albums are so garbage you couldnt pay me to listen to that sh*t.....

young buck album is hot.......

hip hop heads kno what im talkin bout, go cop that sh*t

Top Bottom