What's new

New Wilco Album

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wilco's new album, "Sky Blue Sky," will arrive May 15 via Nonesuch, frontman Jeff Tweedy said on stage last night (Jan. 17) during a solo show in Nashville. Among the new songs Tweedy has been playing are the title track and "We Can Make It Better."

As a full band, Wilco has also previewed the tracks "Is That the Thanks I Get," "Lullaby for Rafters and Dreams," "On and On and On" and "Walken" in the past year.

"I think people may have an idea in their head about what it will sound like, but it's going to be different than that," Wilco bassist John Stirratt told Billboard.com in November. "Jeff had a lot of creative fire. And also, the way we recorded was so cool because a lot of the arrangements just grew right there with everybody sitting around. I'm over the moon about it. I think it will be a really beautiful record. It's a great time to be in Wilco."

"Sky Blue Sky" is the follow-up to 2004's "A Ghost Is Born," which has sold 346,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Tweedy's solo run continues through Jan. 31 in Charlottesville, Va. The lone Wilco live dates on tap at present are three mid-April shows in Australia: April 16 in Brisbane, April 18 in Melbourne and April 21 in Sydney.

This is my 3rd most anticipated album of the year, after Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's new one (Which is great, btw) and the new Arcade Fire, which should hit in March.

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like Wilco. Did you check out Sunken Treasure? I've been debating whether to buy it or not.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like Wilco myself, I am looking forward to this.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't love, love, love Wilco, but they're pretty good. I'll definitely be giving their new album a listen.

What's the new CYHSY called?

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like Wilco. Did you check out Sunken Treasure? I've been debating whether to buy it or not.

Sunken Treasure is great. A really good look at his solo shows, which I've been told are amazing.

(I'm going to Chicago to see him perform for a crowd of 30 in someone's house in March.)

I like Wilco myself, I am looking forward to this.

Have you heard any of the new songs they've been playing? Good stuff.

I don't love, love, love Wilco, but they're pretty good. I'll definitely be giving their new album a listen.

What's the new CYHSY called?

The new CYHSY album is Some Loud Thunder. You can hear it on their myspace page right now. It's very different from their first one, but it's still great.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
http://www.indietastic.net/cms/2007/03/adv...sky_blue_s.html

The album cover plus 3 leaked tracks. This is my favorite band right now (and has been for the last 3 years or so) so anytime they come out with something new I get really excited.

I'm actually going to see Jeff Tweedy, the lead singer and song writer this saturday in Chicago. Me and a group of 30 people won an auction to have him play in someone's living room for us. It shall be most excellent.

Top Bottom