What's new

next year

bigfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
We will not be able to afford 6 pitchers of this caliber and assuming Burnett comes back to this 2002 form. We are looking super sexy for next year.

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
burnett prob wont be back by opening day 2003

so we will be ok with the same roation as stated above until at least may/june

but when burnett does come back will either pavano or penny be sent down to the pen or be traded away?

bigfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
going off my own topic here sorry...
how much are the Reds kicking themselves right now for not taking penny?

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
not too hard

i dunno maybe they are

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
although they desperately need pitching.

penny would probably be the no.1 or no.2 starter over there

that team has so much power and if they only had somewhat good pitching they would be unstopable

graves just isnt enough

bigfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
the reason i say this is that the reds are scoring a lot of runs. I may be inaccurate here, but last i heard they had hit more dingdongs than anyone in the league. Their pitching has really let them down. If we got the runs they have been getting we would be up there with the braves talking pennant.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score

but when burnett does come back will either pavano or penny be sent down to the pen or be traded away?
burnett probably won't be back until 2005 actually.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually there a good chance Burnett won't be ready until June or later ...

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
the reason i say this is that the reds are scoring a lot of runs. I may be inaccurate here, but last i heard they had hit more dingdongs than anyone in the league. Their pitching has really let them down. If we got the runs they have been getting we would be up there with the braves talking pennant.
the reds pitching hasn't "let them down", their pitching just stinks. i mean look at their starting rotation, there's nothing there. they loaded up on offense but have no money for pitching...

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score

burnett probably won't be back until 2005 actually. yea man thats worst case scenaro, dont even want to think about that

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
burnett should not start until 2005

if he is ready next year, you stick him in the pen.

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thats a hard poll, cuz they're all really talented, but i would probably say A.J. because i dont think he'll ever have his "old" stuff even if we work him out of the Bullpen :(

JMLinkinPark

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think AJ will come back and Be like Matt Morris is Now.... But Better.

I would Say Redman, and maybe penny or pavano though Because We never know what will Happen in the Minors where we already have some of the top Pitching Prospects in the Game so in a season or so maybe one or 2 could be moved up to AA and then a Shuttle to the ML

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think AJ will come back and Be like Matt Morris is Now.... But Better.
i really hope thats the case, but as for now im preparing for the worst.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
i really hope thats the case, but as for now im preparing for the worst.
What are you talking about?

After they recover fully from TJ surgery, most dominant pitchers are even more dominant.

AJ used to top out at 100 and would usually hit 98 every game. Now he'll probably top at 102-103 and hit 100 every game...

The way our rotation has done w/o him now, him having TJ surgery could acually be a good thing for this team, long term wise, becasue we can now afford a cheaper, but MORE dominant AJ Burnett...

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
After they recover fully from TJ surgery, most dominant pitchers are even more dominant.
i've heard that, but how does that work?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
i've heard that, but how does that work? Because his arm had to be somewhat "messed-up" because of normal pitcher wear and tear, they clean it out. Your arm is as healthy and clean now as it was when you were 10 years old, because it is like a fresh start. It is brand new again. So now that there is NOTHING wrong with it anymore, you are better than you were, because you are pitching with a clean arm.

Consider it like bankrupcy. You file for it, and your slate is fresh and clean. You will always carry around the fact you filed for it, but it's still a new start.

AJ will always carry that scar around with him, but it is a new start for him...

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the reason why power pitchers come back stronger after TJ surgery is because they wear down the elbow ligament over time and what the surgery does is replace the ligament with a ligament that hasnt been worn down as much. So, its like replacing your worn down engine with one that hasnt been used as much. More power.

On a side note, bankruptcy does not give you a clean slate, it ruins your credit, which can hurt a lot of things, like trying to get a job, car, house, etc. It should only be a last resort.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the reason why power pitchers come back stronger after TJ surgery is because they wear down the elbow ligament over time and what the surgery does is replace the ligament with a ligament that hasnt been worn down as much. So, its like replacing your worn down engine with one that hasnt been used as much. More power.
I like your analigy better... :( :cool

Latest posts

Top Bottom