What's new

Next

FishFanInPA

Saw the movie last night with Jessica Biel and Nicolas Cage and it was absolutely awesome. Great acting and Biel looked magnificent. Great concept for a movie as well.

Anyone else see it???

FishFanInPA

You'll like this movie....He's really good in it and the plot is awesome.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
It doesn't look that interesting to me but because Cage is 1A or 1B in my 'favorite film actors list' (lol) I'll at least rent it.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
i doubt that it is any good in comparison to phillip k dick's original novel.

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
Slow weekend for at the box office. Next won the weekend with just 7 million dollars. Everyone is saving cash for next week's monster of an opening.

Izzie

Muckdog
Reaction score
It doesn't look that interesting to me but because Cage is 1A or 1B in my 'favorite film actors list' (lol) I'll at least rent it.

For someone who seems to be pretty into movies, I'm kinda surprised that he would be so high on your list. What movies did you like him in? I thought The Weather Man and Lord of War were good ones but especially lately he's been doing a lot of crappy movies that really take away from him: The Wicker Man, World Trade Center, Ghost Rider, etc.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Besides The Weather Man and Lord of War like you mentioned I also loved him in:

Adaptation! (Nominated for best actor award, he plays a set of twins | This movie is steadily climbing up my list of favorites)

Leaving Las Vegas! (One of my favorite romance films ever and he won the Academy Award for best actor)

Matchstick Men! (Criminally underrated movie, very engaging film, he is awesome in this playing a guy who is OCD and has tics, should have been nominated again)

Face/Off! (Great, great action film, he owned his role)

I don't think he is one of the best actors going (although I think he is very, very good in good roles), but I just love his style and his versatility.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually, Disturbia held onto the box office with about $9 mil.

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
Besides The Weather Man and Lord of War like you mentioned I also loved him in:

Adaptation! (Nominated for best actor award, he plays a set of twins | This movie is steadily climbing up my list of favorites)

Leaving Las Vegas! (One of my favorite romance films ever and he won the Academy Award for best actor)

Matchstick Men! (Criminally underrated movie, very engaging film, he is awesome in this playing a guy who is OCD and has tics, should have been nominated again)

Face/Off! (Great, great action film, he owned his role)

I don't think he is one of the best actors going (although I think he is very, very good in good roles), but I just love his style and his versatility.
Matchstick Men is a great great movie.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just love his style and his versatility.
:lol :lol :lol
That was the funniest thing I heard all week!

Pretty much no desire to see this movie. I have never seen Cage in a role that I thought, "gee - he really nailed that. No one could have done that better than him."

To give you an example from recent reference - those were the exact thoughts running through my mind in the Sawyer vs. Sawyer scene on last night's Lost. Josh nailed it.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Watch those movies I listed above and tell me he doesn't show versatility.

I'm not going to debate that he is one of the 5-10 best living actors today, but personally I love him.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Damn, I thought this was about that MTV dating show.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Damn, I thought this was about that MTV dating show.
:lol

Watch those movies I listed above and tell me he doesn't show versatility.

I'm not going to debate that he is one of the 5-10 best living actors today, but personally I love him.
I absolutely LOATHE him. I have seen most of his movies [I watch a LOT of movies] and see ZERO versatility. He is no different from Owen Wilson. They both play the same guy in movie after movie.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Fair enough. Matter of opinion even though that Owen Wilson remark hits below the belt. :lol

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
that Owen Wilson remark hits below the belt. :lol
May have been a TAD harsh. Pardon me whilst I remove my boot from your nut sack...

You could always look at it this way; I never compared him to Yahoo Serious. :mischief

Also, in an attempt to redeem myself a little in your eyes, while we are talking about Owen Wilson - that brings me to Night at the Museum - which OBVIOUSLY brings me to Mizuo Peck. I'd be happy to see her body of work...

Top Bottom