What's new

NFL DRAFT!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea why two teams that have running backs that rushed for 1,400+ yards last year drafted the two best running backs available? I see why they did, but don't know why they did...lol

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Henry fumbles and could bring a good price

Holmes isn't getting younger and is not 100% healthy.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I knew those, but those are the only reasons they can find for drafting them? C'mon... that's almost a waste of a pick...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am really suprised Miami hasn't taken a QB yet... :banghead

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let's face it, Willis McGahee wasn't just the best RB on the board at the time, he was the best ATHLETE on the board at the time. I think the Bills grabbed him BECAUSE they are comfortable with Henry and, now, Olandis Gary. This gives McGahee a year to heal and learn Buffalo's system. Not only that, but what do the Bills need the most? A WR. Was there a WR on the board with immediate impact talent? Heck no. I think it was a great pick.

As far as KC goes, they aren't sold on the health of Priest Holmes coming off of his injury. Admin Johnson is also a completely different kind of runner - more of a downhill back. If you take health into consideration, LJ was the best RB on the board. He can be a starter THIS year if Priest isn't up to snuff. He will also afford Vermeil the option to sit Priest for a few downs to keep him healthy. The Chiefs had already addressed their concerns at DE - signing Vonnie Holliday away from the Packers and at WR/KR by signing Arena Leaguer Chris Horn [say what you want about AFL, but this guy can catch in traffic]. Again - another pick I like.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but was Brad Banks drafted or not, 'cause I don't think he was...

Latest posts

Top Bottom