What's new

NFL Offseason Thread

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start just a thread on one minor topic, so I started an offseason thread. Mods can feel free to alter the title and narrow the scope if they feel, no big deal to me.

Anyway, Mel Kiper just put up his newest mock draft and he has Brady Quinn falling all the way to the Dolphins at 9. I don't see this happening, but if it did, that would be AMAZING. It's an ESPN Insider article, so I'm not sure if I am allowed to post it. If I am, then I will, otherwise, if anyone has any question of who Mel has projected to their team let me know.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
He needs to have a terrible combine to fall that far. That would be a great pick.

Free agency starts March 1st I believe. However we will know what players are franchised or not tendered before that.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope he goes to the Clowns. But, that's me.

They have no line and he'd be sh*tty as hell until he got traded or was forced to retire due to injury.

I'm not wishing that on him or anything, I just want the Browns to suck.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mel Kiper of ESPN has the Dolphins getting Brady Quinn in round 9 of the draft. :lol

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mel Kiper of ESPN has the Dolphins getting Brady Quinn in round 9 of the draft. :lol

Doesn't exactly make my toes tingle :confused

JJ24

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm on the fence with Culpepper but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I think we have more pressing needs than a qb

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm on the fence with Culpepper but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I think we have more pressing needs than a qb

How old is Culpepper? I dont know if I would count on him. He did not look good in 2005 before he got hurt. He looked terrible the few games he played this year. If Quinn makes it to 9, why wouldnt you draft him? The dolphins have no good young qb's on their roster and havent drafted one early on in a long long time. He would be a steal at 9.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score

How old is Culpepper? I dont know if I would count on him. He did not look good in 2005 before he got hurt. He looked terrible the few games he played this year. If Quinn makes it to 9, why wouldnt you draft him? The dolphins have no good young qb's on their roster and havent drafted one early on in a long long time. He would be a steal at 9.

30 currently, he will start the year at 30 and all so 3-4 years left to his career either way.

A note to consider we havent drafted a 1st or 2nd round QB since Dan Marino in 1983.

I think we need to take best player available that is not a RB.

OLB, QB, LT, NT (there is none that high of note), perhaps even DE if Holliday doesnt resign, Number 1 WR

Reaction score
Dumb if we get Quinn. he wont fall that far, so the topic is going to be worth arguing over, but I think the Dolphins are dumb if they get Quinn. We need help at the lines and our defense. Id much rather get a run WR to go with Chambers, rather then getting another QB that will be a let down anyway.

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score

30 currently, he will start the year at 30 and all so 3-4 years left to his career either way.

A note to consider we havent drafted a 1st or 2nd round QB since Dan Marino in 1983.

OLB, QB, LT, NT (there is none that high of note), perhaps even DE if Holliday doesnt resign, Number 1 WR

Agreed. Just don't draft me Leon Hall, god I think he will be horrendous.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score

Agreed. Just don't draft me Leon Hall, god I think he will be horrendous.

we are completely in agreement there dude. There is no CB that is worth a top 15 pick in this draft. Unless people want to stick nelson at CB and that would be a waste of his abilities at Safety.

JJ24

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think we should try and get a defensive player in the first round. But I wouldnt mind a Offensive lineman.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
With the NFL free-agency period beginning March 2, it appears more and more likely that Pro Bowl guard Kris Dielman will test the market.

Smith wouldn't divulge details of the negotiations but said the dialogue has been lengthy.

"It's a top priority, and I have no idea where that will go," Smith said. "We'll do what's in the best interests of the San Diego Chargers, and they'll do what's in the best interests of the player.

"I'm optimistic, but it appears to me that they're going to go to the market to try to get the best possible deal. If he's here, I'll be happy. If he's not, I'll be disappointed."

If Dielman doesn't sign a new deal with the Chargers before the start of free agency, the Miami Dolphins figure to be one of the teams seeking his services.

New Dolphins coach Cam Cameron, the former Chargers offensive coordinator, coached Dielman in college at Indiana.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02/08...29_822_7_07.txt

anyone want a pro bowl caliber OG that Houck hand picked and coached up? That likes Cameron and Houck? I know I would. :)

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
With the NFL free-agency period beginning March 2, it appears more and more likely that Pro Bowl guard Kris Dielman will test the market.

Smith wouldn't divulge details of the negotiations but said the dialogue has been lengthy.

"It's a top priority, and I have no idea where that will go," Smith said. "We'll do what's in the best interests of the San Diego Chargers, and they'll do what's in the best interests of the player.

"I'm optimistic, but it appears to me that they're going to go to the market to try to get the best possible deal. If he's here, I'll be happy. If he's not, I'll be disappointed."

If Dielman doesn't sign a new deal with the Chargers before the start of free agency, the Miami Dolphins figure to be one of the teams seeking his services.

New Dolphins coach Cam Cameron, the former Chargers offensive coordinator, coached Dielman in college at Indiana.

anyone want a pro bowl caliber OG that Houck hand picked and coached up? That likes Cameron and Houck? I know I would. :)

I am sure he like Cameron but I assure you he likes money more. Teams will be throwing money at free agents this year since so many teams are way under the cap.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score

I am sure he like Cameron but I assure you he likes money more. Teams will be throwing money at free agents this year since so many teams are way under the cap.

Agreed and the dolphins will be too (after restructures we should be well under 25 million under the cap). But we do have 3-4 ins with him which helps

1. Tax free state so our money is worth more
2. It is sunny florida :)
3. Cameron
4. Houck, same blocking scheme

so I like our chances, he wont be the biggest name out there (clement and samuels, briggs, adalius thomas, garcia etc). But I like him for a good pick up. My hope would be him and samuels but samuels is going to be a huge bidding war. But at least he is from south florida and his family lives here I believe.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score

Of course, you mean the ninth overall pick, not round nine.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

Of course, you mean the ninth overall pick, not round nine.
Yes, I worded that wrong.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

Agreed and the dolphins will be too (after restructures we should be well under 25 million under the cap). But we do have 3-4 ins with him which helps

1. Tax free state so our money is worth more
2. It is sunny florida :)
3. Cameron
4. Houck, same blocking scheme

so I like our chances, he wont be the biggest name out there (clement and samuels, briggs, adalius thomas, garcia etc). But I like him for a good pick up. My hope would be him and samuels but samuels is going to be a huge bidding war. But at least he is from south florida and his family lives here I believe.

There are alot of teams that have more than 25 million to spend. I dont think blocking scheme is going to make him want to come. It will be a combination of money and where he thinks he can win that will be the biggest influence. However the tax free state issue will be an influence. The rest probably wont be.

Top Bottom