What's new

Nick Senzel?

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Have read that the Reds may be shopping him. Do we have what it takes to get him? Would you be interested in going that route?

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Have read that the Reds may be shopping him. Do we have what it takes to get him? Would you be interested in going that route?
No - we'd be trading prospects for a prospect, essentially.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
No - we'd be trading prospects for a prospect, essentially.
Depends what position the Marlins would play him at.

Outfield, no.

Infield, depends on the cost. I'd be all in to slip him into the infield for the cost of an outfield or maybe even a pitching prospect thats not your upper couple of guys.

Marlins are severely lacking in upper level infield prospects. I"d take Senzel any day over Diaz for one. I'd consider taking Senzel over Anderson as well, but only if you are committing to having Anderson as your RF or maybe even 1b.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Depends what position the Marlins would play him at.

Outfield, no.

Infield, depends on the cost. I'd be all in to slip him into the infield for the cost of an outfield or maybe even a pitching prospect thats not your upper couple of guys.

Marlins are severely lacking in upper level infield prospects. I"d take Senzel any day over Diaz for one. I'd consider taking Senzel over Anderson as well, but only if you are committing to having Anderson as your RF or maybe even 1b.
I'd hate to waste Anderson's arm and range at first, but I get where you're going here.

Still think Diaz has *some* chance to be good but not the most faith in it. If he can learn to stay back just a little and not be pull happy he'll be fine. Change-ups eviscerated him last season.

But yes if we can get him for a couple lower level outfield prospect not in the top 10 (of OF prospects since we have about 97 of them it seems) and maybe a pitcher ... sure.

Either way. Prospects for a prospect, not a fan personally.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
I'd hate to waste Anderson's arm and range at first, but I get where you're going here.

Still think Diaz has *some* chance to be good but not the most faith in it. If he can learn to stay back just a little and not be pull happy he'll be fine. Change-ups eviscerated him last season.

But yes if we can get him for a couple lower level outfield prospect not in the top 10 (of OF prospects since we have about 97 of them it seems) and maybe a pitcher ... sure.

I'd trade a top 10 outfield prospect for Senzel. The only of prospects I"m not moving are:

Bleday
Sanchez

I'd consider moving Harrison for Senzel.

Anyone else below those 3 is fair game as far as I"m concerned. I think people forget how highly regarded Senzel actually is.

You trade a strength to add a weakness. Not sure how the reds farm system looks with outfield depth though.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score

People underrate what having an incredle defensive 1b does to your entire defense.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
People underrate what having an incredle defensive 1b does to your entire defense.
This is true but how good is Anderson at scooping the ball and maybe doing a splitsky?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
This is true but how good is Anderson at scooping the ball and maybe doing a splitsky?
Someone should buy him a 1b glove and have it in his locker when he shows up to Jupiter in a couple of weeks and find out.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Look at my Cardinals.

Adding Goldschmidt to the defense is the greatest reason the Cardinals defense went from the literal shitter into one of the best in baseball and a big reason why we won the Division.

A great defense makes your pitchers look a lot better than they are also.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Which reminds me, I need to start planning my annual trip to St. Louis and Busch for this summer.

Top Bottom