What's new

No game thoughts thread?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
What's wrong with you guys?

Anyway, Sergio Mitre was filthy tonight.

Mike Jacobs was terrible at 1b tonight, and it just wasn't on the error. He doesn't know when to let the 2b get the ball or when to cut it off.

What's the latest on Cody? I didn't think he was going to score.

Hammer crushed a few pitches tonight but didn't have all that much to show for it.

I didn't see the Amezaga-Cabrera play in the 9th (was in the walkway with Mark Wiley) so I can't comment on that.

If Ross goes DLing, I bet we see Reggie... We all know Reed is useless.

Lee Gardner has been figured out. Yes his era is low but his baa has to be around .350. He gets hit all the time.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm trying no to think about this game. I'd be fine with giving Reggie another shot, it's not like he is worse than Reed and he at least has potential. And we can't trot Amezega out there against lefties.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
or Chad Hermansen who is tearing up AAA (he can play CF)

I don't believe the 40 is full

FishFanInPA

Is Hermansen the ex mlb guy who used to play for pittsburgh i think?

Reaction score
I feel bad for Mitre.
Lower ERA than Willis, Olsen, Sanchez, & Nolasco, goes out and tries to make every play that he can defensively, and he cannot catch a win. it's getting ridiculous. If he could just trick the hitters into thinking Dontrelle is pitching he would have a much different record.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was just about to ask you about Hermanson, Ramp. What else do you know about?

I remember reading somewhere that this Marlins F.O. puts a lot of stock in the defense of the 1st baseman, which is why I just don't think Jacobs will be with the club much longer. He really is atrocious out there, and even Perry Hill coming back wouldn't help him.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yet another game they should have won. Unfortunately Owens pulled a Dirk
and choked in the 9th. I think they'll all bounce back tomorrow and take
the series.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
the series.

Owens blew the save but it was a defensive meltdown on one play that allowed them to tie the game. I don't blame this one on him at all.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I enjoyed myself way too much for a loss tonight. The bright spot was Mitre pitching solid and being able to make fun of Wells for being fat, old, and having type II diabetes. "Carry On Wayward Son" was also fantastic.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
the series.

Owens blew the save but it was a defensive meltdown on one play that allowed them to tie the game. I don't blame this one on him at all.

You're right, I forgot about that. I guess they all Dirked in the end.

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Did I actually read in the game thread from someone who blamed Cabrera for that run being scored??? Cabrera had no shot to get that guy at home, whether he bobbled the ball or not. Borchard and Amezaga are the ones to blame in that inning.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
Did I actually read in the game thread from someone who blamed Cabrera for that run being scored??? Cabrera had no shot to get that guy at home, whether he bobbled the ball or not. Borchard and Amezaga are the ones to blame in that inning.
I wouldn't blame anyone but if anyone has to be blamed it should be Owens.

Fredo's throw was online but it hit the runner. I can't blame him for that.

The Borchard error allowed Cameron to go to 3rd but Cameron on 2nd would have scored on the Robles' single so his error had no impact on the score.

Owens faced 5 batters and allowed 3 hits.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
Can't believe I missed an extra innings game.

:banghead

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Marlins are what they are - a .500 ball club. Every time they take a step forward, the next day is a step back. There's too many holes in the team's make up to be truly great, but they aren't too far off.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
the series.

Owens gets the stat, but the team gets the loss. 3 errors, 4 unearned runs, about a ton of guys LOB in scoring position, and swinging for the fences when we hit extra innings.

I wouldn't blame anyone but if anyone has to be blamed it should be Owens.

Fredo's throw was online but it hit the runner. I can't blame him for that.

The Borchard error allowed Cameron to go to 3rd but Cameron on 2nd would have scored on the Robles' single so his error had no impact on the score.

Owens faced 5 batters and allowed 3 hits.

Fredo should have never made that throw. He had no shot at getting the ball to Miggy. Unles it was a cartoon baseball. Kinda hard to say the Robles hit would have scored him because he may have been, and most likely would have, been pitched differently. But still, he dosen't get the blame any more than every other player on the field. Sloppily played games usually equal losses.
No biggie. Take the game Sunday and win the series.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
This game was lost by almost every player... Too many bone head plays, too many errors, too many men left on base etc: etc: hopefully we come out this afternoon ready to go.
btw: Owens didn't do that bad of a job. The Pades just had some better luck tonight in the 9th.

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
this was a team effort. olivo couldn't catch a ball, jacobs, borchard, and amezaga made errors, messenger decided not to hold a runner, fredi decided pinto could not get bard out, and the offense stopped in extra's (as usual).

Owens didn't pitch all that bad, he gave up a couple of bloopers. This sh*t always seems to happen when mite starts.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Anyone know the Marlins record when Mitre pitches? I don't remember ever winning a game when he is on the mound.

Top Bottom