What's new

Nolasco back to the DL

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
Elbow inflammation is back, likely to miss at least a month. MRI scheduled, he's already in Miami.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
super duper
You're telling me, I fly to Chicago next Saturday to watch him pitch. At least I get to see a game in Wrigley.

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
Was hoping to see him pitch this season with an actual defense behind him...

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man what is going on with this team? Lets just bring the whole Isotopes roster and get it over with and done

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I swear, these guys must be taking classes on how to get hurt with Mark Prior
and Kerry Wood as their instructors.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Elbow inflammation is back, likely to miss at least a month. MRI scheduled, he's already in Miami.
Source?

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
dl is full of pitcher i bet this coming big issue this year with our team marlins

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
Source?

Yea. Source please. Nothing on the Marlins web site. He's still on the active roster. Gall gets sent down for Lindstrom. No news on any other pitcher being called up. Dosen't add up.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
It was in the paper this morning... Let me find the link.

Nolasco goes back to DL with sore elbow

By Juan C. Rodriguez
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted May 19 2007
ST. PETERSBURG ? Ricky Nolasco is headed back to the disabled list.

The Marlins' right-hander already missed most of April with right elbow inflammation, which remains a problem despite the initial DL stint.
Nolasco has made four starts since the Marlins activated him on May 1, going 1-2 with a 4.50 ERA, eight walks and five strikeouts. His velocity remains down and his signature curve hasn't been sharp.

The Marlins determined shutting him down until the inflammation subsides is the best course of action. Nolasco, who wasn't with the team Friday in Tampa, already has undergone magnetic resonance imaging tests that didn't reveal anything other than the swelling.

Today, the Marlins will officially place Nolasco on the disabled list and recall a pitcher from the minors. If they need a starter

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...-sports-marlins

PSN

Muckdog
Reaction score
if they keep Kim and Obermueller as starters, I don't think they would need to call anyone up -- Willis, Olsen, Mitre, Kim and Obermueller

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
I think someone callup from AA, not AAA.

Here are possible AA starters.

RHP Daniel Barone (1-2, 3.21) 9GS whip1.05
RHP Gaby Hernandez (2-4, 3.93) 9GS whip1.21
RHP Rick Vanden Hurk (1-0, 1.88) 4GS whip0.92

or
you guys think about other starters?

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Obermueller has been pitching better than Nolasco anyway. Hopefully Ricky comes back in a month and is 100% this time.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
i doubt Vanden Hurk is called back up. Not sure on who they call back up but Obermueller is most likely back in the rotation now.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nolasco was scheduled to pitch on Wednesday - so if someone is called up from the minors they would have to have pitched around the same time Noly did on Thursday. Gaby Hernandez pitched yesterday - he would be due to pitch on Wednesday. BUT... Gaby has been struggling lately. Yesterday he did pitch a no-hitter (6 innings) but he walked 7 and K'ed 6. Wild but he got the job done.

Anyone know who else is available to pitch Wednesday?

Also, since Noly will be out for about 1 month we have to think about long term - not just 1 start.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
More and more it becomes apparent the damage Girardi did to this franchise last season.

It's a disgrace, I hope he's happy with himself sitting up in the broadcast booth this season. I doubt another team with a young staff will ever entrust them to him again.

Top Bottom