What's new

Obermueller

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
There was some rumblings in some other threads about what happens to Wes when Mitre and (gasp) julio come back.

We can't just send him down to AAA without waiving him right? With the way he's pitched, am I correct in assuming he'd most likely get claimed? If Anibal is indeed playing through injury, JJ is still up in the air, Mitre and Nolasco have been hurting.. can we afford to lose another starter? We can't keep rushing the younger guys up here.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
SP - Willis
SP - Olsen
SP - Obermueller
SP - Nolasco
SP - Mitre
RP - Gardner
RP - Tank
RP - Pinto
RP - Julio
RP - Messenger
RP - Gregg
RP - Owens

Lindstrom down
Anibal to the DL

djm305

Muckdog
Reaction score
He is also good to have around for Spot Starts should someone go down with injury. Assuming he is available for that day as a starter. Although long relif is a good role for him, but what sucks is that usually in long relif situations most likely you are behind in a game already.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good, he can be used in a non save situtation where the game is still close and give us a few innings.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thats great to hear

Seriously, what are the odds an iowa hawkeye is even in the major leagues.. let alone on my favorite team? Good stuff

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mitre is out of options, that's why he was even in the rotation to start the year.

The Runner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Mitre and Obermueller should fight for that 5th spot.

Obermueller has defenatly pitched well enough to at least earn the right to stick around

I am not hating on Mitre so much as stating the obvious...he got outpitched by Obermueller so far this year, to just come back and be handed a rotation spot over a pitcher who has performed better(and you cant say "well in the past" because they have both sucked their entire careers) is just wrong. Since neither will be in the rotation a month or two from now when JJ gets back, why not go with the pitcher who has given us a better chance to win in his starts, which is Obermueller?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
When do we start thinking about moving Olsen down to #3?
what # they are really doesn't make a difference once the season starts

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
When do we start thinking about moving Olsen down to #3?
what # they are really doesn't make a difference once the season starts
I just hate the back to back lefty thing

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
...the Mitre haters just never give up... :confused

I'm not a hater, I actually like him a lot, but that's straight up what they told him. If he had options he would have started the season in AAA until they needed the 5th starter because his arm can't handle the pen right now.

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
So if Lee Gardener gets sent down when Mitre is activated, and several players out of options, who gets sent down when Julio is activated?

Top Bottom