What's new

OBrien, Rivera, Noesi, Marrero, Castillo, Galloway elect free agency

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
If I read it right, Peter O'Brien, Yadiel Rivera, Isaac Galloway, Hector Noesi, Wilkin Castillo, and Devin Marrero have all elected free agency.

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
Not Galloway?!?! Nooooooooo!!!! F Jeter!!!!!
Actually non of these will be missed.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
Dang. That is a lot of open space on the 40 man.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
How many do we need to add to it to protect them from Rule 5?
That's one of the tricky things about stocking up the farm in a rebuild, sooner or later there are so many prospects that need to be protected that you have to cut so many fringe type of players. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
That's one of the tricky things about stocking up the farm in a rebuild, sooner or later there are so many prospects that need to be protected that you have to cut so many fringe type of players. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.
Yeah and they also start to run out of options. Sierra for instance is out of options so he needs to make the team or be placed on waivers.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Yeah and they also start to run out of options. Sierra for instance is out of options so he needs to make the team or be placed on waivers.
Yea Frisaro called Sierra a trade candidate because of that and it's like wait a minute didn't we just acquire him why is he already a question of needs to make the team or be gone? Seems like that came way too soon but I get it. This forces the team to only keep the best of the bunch.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
What'd you read right?
Sorry that wasn't clear but I just came across this on some unofficial Instagram posts and have yet to see it said by any actual reporters so I'm not 100% sure this is even true... but it seemed way too specific to be totally made up either so I thought it was worth a post.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Sorry that wasn't clear but I just came across this on some unofficial Instagram posts and have yet to see it said by any actual reporters so I'm not 100% sure this is even true... but it seemed way too specific to be totally made up either so I thought it was worth a post.
Good thing nobody asked you for proof

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Yea Frisaro called Sierra a trade candidate because of that and it's like wait a minute didn't we just acquire him why is he already a question of needs to make the team or be gone? Seems like that came way too soon but I get it. This forces the team to only keep the best of the bunch.
Wouldn't some team need to have some legit interest in Sierra though to acquire him? Maybe with a real good spring....

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
Wouldn't some team need to have some legit interest in Sierra though to acquire him? Maybe with a real good spring....
In year's past he'd have definitely be a good trade candidate at the deadline to a contending team looking to get a couple extra steals in the playoffs.
'tis no longer the way, though.

SongInTheAir

Hammerhead
Reaction score
GOD DAMNIT WE COULDN'T SIGN RIVERA AND NOESI TO EXTENSIONS FUCKING CHEAP JETER LETTING THE VETERAN PRESENTS GO AWAY THEY WERE AMAZING BASEBALL PLAYERS WHO WERE AMAZING AT BASEBALL PLAYING AND FUCKING JETER SO CHEAP SAY LET'S GO YANK ME AND NOT SIGN THE PLAYERS WHO ARE ALL TIME GREAT BASEBALL PLAYERS FUTURE HALLS OF FAME YADIEL RIVERA AND HECTOR NOESI FUCK

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
GOD DAMNIT WE COULDN'T SIGN RIVERA AND NOESI TO EXTENSIONS FUCKING CHEAP JETER LETTING THE VETERAN PRESENTS GO AWAY THEY WERE AMAZING BASEBALL PLAYERS WHO WERE AMAZING AT BASEBALL PLAYING AND FUCKING JETER SO CHEAP SAY LET'S GO YANK ME AND NOT SIGN THE PLAYERS WHO ARE ALL TIME GREAT BASEBALL PLAYERS FUTURE HALLS OF FAME YADIEL RIVERA AND HECTOR NOESI FUCK
Dude, your caps lock is on.

Top Bottom