What's new

Oddest food you've tried

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
I guess its food day today

The oddest things Ive tried are:

Raw Horse (in japan), Goose Liver, Chicken Heart, Goat and 100 year old egg (in china). That 100 year old egg is the worst thing I have ever eaten. Its black and the yoke is brown (so I think its rotten and they add some kind of sauce to it).

yenta

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tongue. A Jewish delicacy.

Vichyssoise (had to look up the damn spelling)

snails (didn't care for them, better for them to crawl on the ground)

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
can't really think of anything right now but my grandfather's friend once shot
a pigeon, cooked it, and ate it.

Bradcore

Captain Awesome
Reaction score

Raw Horse (in japan), Goose Liver, Chicken Heart, Goat and 100 year old egg (in china). That 100 year old egg is the worst thing I have ever eaten. Its black and the yoke is brown (so I think its rotten and they add some kind of sauce to it).

I can't imagine a single upside to eating a 100 year old egg unless it's loaded with penecilin.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've had alligator, seaweed (not in sushi), and I think ostrich.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've eaten a few bugs and boogers. Some by accident, but that's as extreme as it gets for me.

Jiggy

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ants, they taste kinda sour, and Ostrich. Other than that I can't think of any others right now.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've eaten a few bigs

Wow. That is quite the shocking revelation!

Strangest food I've ever eaten is probably Kangaroo...

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

I can't imagine a single upside to eating a 100 year old egg unless it's loaded with penecilin.

I really didnt have a choice. We were at a dinner with some chinese "counterparts" (I was in a graduate school trip). The chinese guy was like "its really good". I should have suspected we had different tastes when he told me he didnt like beer...

what about gafildafish?

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
For the record; kangaroo is really good and ostrich tastes like the best cut of filet mignon ever! :thumbup

I have eaten slugs before as part of a survival course I took. Raw. Live. It tastes exactly like you imagine.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score

I really didnt have a choice. We were at a dinner with some chinese "counterparts" (I was in a graduate school trip). The chinese guy was like "its really good". I should have suspected we had different tastes when he told me he didnt like beer...

what about gafildafish?

*Gefilte

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

what about gafildafish?

*Gefilte

so its gefiltepuke?

I had that at my friends house when he invited me for passover. I dont think anyone ate it.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score

what about gafildafish?

*Gefilte

so its gefiltepuke?

I had that at my friends house when he invited me for passover. I dont think anyone ate it.

I've seen it, and I ain't eating it.

HelmsE

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tounge, brain tacos, tripe soup, and chicken hearts. Chicken hearts are actually excellent if you ever have the chance to try them.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wouldn't have the stomach to eat a lot of the stuff mentioned up there.

My grandpa eats dove (the bird) , frog legs,

I've had to drink seaweed, it was disgusting

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've eaten a few bigs

Wow. That is quite the shocking revelation!

:mad

BUGS

Top Bottom