What's new

****Official Opening Day Thread*****

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
The first pitch of the season is just 3 days away. Can you believe it?
If youre going to Opening Day, be sure to get there early to get through all of the security and to see all off the Opening Day Festivities:
Everyone will recieve a hot dog (no, they will not run out) and a 2003 schedule magnet.
Two special guests to throw out ceremonial first pitches: Charlie Hough, who threw the first pitch in Marlins history and John Lynch of the SB Champs Tampa Bay Buccaneers, whom threw the first pitch in Marlins organizational history for the Erie Sailors in 1992.
The Marlins will unveil two new logos on the outfield wall, one honoring the crew of the Space Shuttle Columbia and the other supporting our troops.
In terms of weather, Monday should be the coolest day in a long time down here. The high temperature is expected to be around 74 degrees under partly cloudy skies.
I cant wait for this thing to start!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
this weekend will take forever!

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Speaking of Opening Day and the fact that I wasn't going to start another thread on the same topic....

Who's going? Where will you be sitting?

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
I cant wait! I am off that whole week of opening day! I am sure going and i hope they dont run out of hot dogs again... :p

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I will be there with 2 friends but I can't remember what section.... down the 1st base side somewhere. Tickets were selling pretty well Wednesday when we bought them at the stadium. Hopefully they'll get a great turnout.

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
I'll be at the Vet for either the Tuesday or Wed. game that they are in Philly for in Mid-April..not sure which one yet..

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
Opening Day is just 2 days away and i bought my tickets today!!!

im in section 441 row 4

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well I won't be there in opening day but I'll go between April 4 - 7... :mischief

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll be at the Vet for either the Tuesday or Wed. game that they are in Philly for in Mid-April..not sure which one yet..
As of now, I'll be there thursday.

After getting my first look at The Phils today, I'm looking foward to this season. Too bad comcast isn't covering Monday's game, so hopefully, Espn is.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Marlins have sold about 30,000 tickets to Opening Day. Last year, about 23,000 came to the home opener.

G

It'd be nice to sellout Opening Day but I don't see that happening.

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
They (Marlins) are expecting a big walkup crowd especially since students and teachers in Miami-Dade are on Spring Break.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
They (Marlins) are expecting a big walkup crowd especially since students and teachers in Miami-Dade are on Spring Break.
Yea 30,001 with me! :p ..i will be in the $25 seats if there is enough left right behin the Marlins Dugout..

MarlinRule910

Muckdog
Reaction score
Speaking of Opening Day and the fact that I wasn't going to start another thread on the same topic....

Who's going? Where will you be sitting?
I'm sitting in section 457, row 5. I just bought my tickets online on friday, and I couldn't believe they were the best available left! How many people are suppost to be there, crowd wise. I've heard around 30,000...

MarlinRule910

Muckdog
Reaction score
this is my first time im going to Marlins Opening Day!
Mine too! And we are sitting like 16 sectiona away from each other, so maybe I'll see ya there... LOL.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
ill be listening on the radio, but my brother and his friends will be there.... 3rd base line... in the 100's

Latest posts

Top Bottom