What's new

****Official Opening Day Thread*****

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually, its going to be quite cool for our standards, almost January-like weather. High temperature should be in the upper 60's and it will be windy. At 4:00, temp should be 68, falling to 62 by 7:00. Humidity very low around 40% and chilly winds from the North at 15-20 mph.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm sitting in section 457, row 5.
You might want to check your tickets agains or make sure they're real, because PPS doesnt have a section 457. It goes from 401 to 456.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm going but I was too lazy to buy tickets in advance.I'm stuck with whichever seat are available.

MarlinRule910

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm sitting in section 457, row 5.
You might want to check your tickets agains or make sure they're real, because PPS doesnt have a section 457. It goes from 401 to 456. I don't have my tickets yet, I gotta go to the window on opening day and pick them up... And I'm in section 447, not 57.

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
front office must be happy when they hear 30,000 walk up crowd.
not only front office but Marlins players and fan too!

MarlinRule910

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea! Half the reason I can't wait is because the last time I will have seen this many people at a Marlins game: Game 7...

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Um...don't expect 60k to 70k.....

Samson's goal for tomorrow's game is 40k.....and that's doable.

My seats....Sect. 249 Row 1 Seats 4-6....

Yenta...I'll see you there!

playattheplate

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know they're hell bent on sqeezing everyone together with less sections available ... ,but I hope they have the sense enough to open more sections if necessary!

I mean if a miracle happened(and I think it will be their largest opening day crowd in a LONG time) and 50,000 people show up, let them in! Pro Player has the seats!

But here's the deal, they have to pay for ushers and the rest of the concession stands to be open!!!!!!

Will they do it???!!! MoooohoohAA HAHAHA.......

-and wouldn't you know it? hottest spring training ever? and it's going to be cool tomorrow?!

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Does anyone think there is enough tickets for the ones behind the Marlins Dugout? I really want to sit there... ;)

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
well maybe they could let the people in without ushers in the upper deck. Is not like anyone would try to sneak in to the upper deck.

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
well maybe they could let the people in without ushers in the upper deck. Is not like anyone would try to sneak in to the upper deck.
what they should do is open atleast 1 or 2 section.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope there prepared hot dog wise, what's opening day without a dog!

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man I can't wait till tomorrow I don't have spring break so I am skipping school tomorrow to watch the game. I live here in Hawaii so I can't see the game in person :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( .
Anyone know what the latest count on how many people will be at Pro Player for Opening Day? Can't wait to see the ovation for Ivan when he bats for his first time as a Marlin :w00t

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope there prepared hot dog wise, what's opening day without a dog!
I am sure they do because they will be giving away hot dogs. I am not sure of the details so dont ask.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
So far I read some good articles on Sun Sentinal and I like the one Hyde wrote but I decided to see what on Hearld and saw this:

16. Florida Marlins

''Bigamy is having one husband too many. Monogamy is the same.'' -- Erica Jong

The Marlins led the league this spring in bigamists but released Al Martin. Help me with the math: You finish near the bottom of the league in runs and homers while finishing first in steals last season. So you decide to correct this by deducting home runs (Kevin Millar, Cliff Floyd, Preston Wilson, Charles Johnson) and adding steals (Juan Pierre)? Starters are supposed to be the strength of the team, and could be, but they were 11th in the league in ERA and second in walks. Castillo and Pierre had 95 stolen bases last year. Eighteen teams had fewer. Carl Pavano was once traded for Pedro Mart?nez, which is about the worst trade anyone has made since the Indians gave up Manhattan for $24 in trinkets. Perhaps it is possible that the best man to manage the team was hired after coaching Jeff Loria's son (Jeff Torborg), and perhaps the best man to be team president happened to marry into Loria's family (Dave Samson), and perhaps the best man to be strength coach happened to be Torborg's son, but does this feel odd to anyone else? Pierre will weigh 112 pounds by August

Dan Retarded has the Expo ahead of the Marlins.I wonder why this guy opinions even matter and why ESPN paying to voice his opinion.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dan Retarded has the Expo ahead of the Marlins.I wonder why this guy opinions even matter and why ESPN paying to voice his opinion.
I have alway's thought lebatard was alway's putting on an act to get on ESPN. He alway's play's the guy who doesn't agree with anything, just like The Marlins. If he started to support Miami sport's I honestly beleive ESPN would not need his services. It' just an act.

Just my opinion.

MarlinRule910

Muckdog
Reaction score
I read Le Batard a lot, and you know what? That Josh Clinton article on the firums tha is posted is problably a lot more believable, and much more intelligent then anything Le Batard has ever said/written.....

Top Bottom