What's new

Often Debated Topic 3

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Im not sure I understand the question. Obviously, a manager is important. Otherwise, theyd give fans a turn to manage. However, I think how the manager fits the team is the most important quality. Jim Leyland was always a good manager when he had teams with good veteran players. However, when he was managing a young team, he didnt know what to do. Sometimes a team needs a manager to fire the team up, sometimes a team needs the manager to loosen up on the players.

nobody

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ross has a very valid point about the manager having to match the team he is in charge of. However, if you have a manager that cannot manage his personnel properly, or be able to make crucial decisions at the appropriate times, the team will be unable to succeed. Even the best group of players need someone to keep them on the right track.

somebody

Muckdog
Reaction score
A good manager is needed to complete a good team. Players can't do it by themselves, they need someone out there who can make sure everything runs well, and that the players do not bring off the field problems onto the field...

~Columnist JC~

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree. I think that if you put Joe Torre on the Marlins, he would have no idea what to do with the team.

Top Bottom