What's new

Olivo settles for a one-year $2 million contract

PBCMarlinsFan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lost in the whole Cabrera arbitration hoopla has been the signing of Miguel Olivo to a one year contract $2 million contract, avoiding arbitration. He can also get up to $1.5 million in incentives, apparently tied to the number of starts he makes. He will get the whole additional $1.5 million if he makes 130 starts.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
They hooked Olivo up. Wow. Congratulations to him.

I think they value his game calling and his ability to deal with our young pitchers. He calls a hell of a game. *Remembers Anibal's no-hitter*

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
he did such an excellent job for us out of nowhere and for a good price last season. Let's hope he maintains or improves on it.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
That sounds like an awful lot to me.

I agree. The question is if this reflects current markets conditions and if an arbitrator would have awarded a similar amount

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
The average player in the MLB makes about 2 million, right? I'd say he's an above average player.

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olivo did a fine job behind the plate last season with these kids. There's no reason to go a ruin something that is good.. Glad to see they settled on a contract. Let's hope he does an even better job this upcoming season

Top Bottom