What's new

Opening Day Postponed

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
It seems very trivial at this point I'm curious how they eventually handle deciding upon the opening day roster considering how many open roster spots the Marlins still had.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
It seems very trivial at this point I'm curious how they eventually handle deciding upon the opening day roster considering how many open roster spots the Marlins still had.
Very interesting question and I hope we get that answer sooner rather than later.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
My own thought... how about if they had expanded rosters for opening day, maybe two extra relievers and 2 extra position players and then rosters have to be cut down to 26 within like ten days that way you use those ten days to decide on the final positions, also allows for roster flexibility in case the players aren't physically ready for the season again and can't play as long.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
My own thought... how about if they had expanded rosters for opening day, maybe two extra relievers and 2 extra position players and then rosters have to be cut down to 26 within like ten days that way you use those ten days to decide on the final positions, also allows for roster flexibility in case the players aren't physically ready for the season again and can't play as long.
That could work. Maybe just bring it back to a 40 man roster for the first two weeks? IDK.

Marlino

Muckdog
Reaction score
How about the virus infected vs the negative tested. That way they are kept apart, and no going to the face while on the mound (I'm bored now expect more drivel).

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why would they do that? If things are good enough to eventually play games then why would they need a neutral site for the world series?
I think it's because if the playoffs end up in late november, the weather would be way too cold (possibly snowing) to play so they'd have to play at a neutral location where there's a roof and/or the weather is warm - Miami fits the bill for both

fish53

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think it's because if the playoffs end up in late november, the weather would be way too cold (possibly snowing) to play so they'd have to play at a neutral location where there's a roof and/or the weather is warm - Miami fits the bill for both
Wouldn't that be something. Jeter can then say he brought back the WS to Miami in just 3 years. Mission accomplished. Also, great for the S Florida economy.

Reaction score
yeah, ''at least'' two weeks. Like the airline trick of delaying flights 20 min at a time to soften the blow, I think half the season will be canceled.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
yeah, ''at least'' two weeks. Like the airline trick of delaying flights 20 min at a time to soften the blow, I think half the season will be canceled.
It's possible.

That or they get super ballsy and have 81 double-headers.

I want 81 double-headers now.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
The double header idea sounds smart on paper but that will catch up to these players fast and lead to more injuries. If they wanna do that they might have to expand rosters for the double headers but then of course that compromises the integrity of the games when one game of most double headers would be played with a bunch of Triple A players.

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
CDC recommends at least 8 weeks until gatherings of 50+ should resume. We're not getting baseball before June, folks. Maybe no games that count until July, because there will need to be a mini Spring Training before "Opening Day"

Top Bottom