What's new

Opening Day Postponed

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
The double header idea sounds smart on paper but that will catch up to these players fast and lead to more injuries. If they wanna do that they might have to expand rosters for the double headers but then of course that compromises the integrity of the games when one game of most double headers would be played with a bunch of Triple A players.
If we do it this way, then it's our time, baby!

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I've been seeing a July start ... Pres seems to think this may go through August so if that does happen then it's no season in 2020.

God I'd hate it if it turns out the next baseball we get is the World Baseball Classic. :(

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Man and we really felt like this 2020 would be fun. What a disaster this. I'm already wondering what this would mean if there's no season this year as far as how to continue with the rebuild.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Anyone think a shortened season changes attendance here?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I think people are overreacting with the way they're hoarding supplies and the media is definitely blowing things up but I don't think we're overreacting with the social distancing.

We need to be more serious about slowing the spread down. If done correctly it shouldn't take more than a month before we start working towards getting things back to normal. That's not that bad. Everyone needs to calm down and just have a stay at home vacation for a few weeks and that's it.

The problem is more people are carrying and spreading this than we realize and one person feels fine but then they spread it in a chain reaction to 3 more people and those people spread it too and it multiplies and so on. Gotta slow that down.

I work in a school, my age and my health says I would be fine if I got it and same for the hundreds of kids I work with... but how many elderly people come in contact with those kids, with me, with my coworkers, and so on? If one single person in my school gets it the ripple effects could be tremendous. Gotta stop that.

Marlino

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've bought a ton of toilet paper. I have enough TP to wipe my ass until the end of all times. I plan to continue buying until I have enough TP to build a castle. Then I'll built a moat around it and sit in my TP castle and wipe away. Just saying.

Reaction score
I kinda had an idea this season would be delayed big time. Oh well. Right now the U.S. and many other countries are in crisis mode, its no time to be getting into large groups to watch a game, one good thing that has come out of the whole virus crisis, is how much the goverments and companies are helping everyone. Kinda gives you hope that in real bad times there is a safety-net after all, even in the U.S.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
MLB already has been given a general timeline of when things should start getting back to normal and they're already working on the plans to get a shortened season up and running.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
What's the timeline?
Things normalize enough for larger gatherings in June therefore a short spring training in June and the season starting in July.

This could change of course, hopefully for the better, but more so bringing it up so people know they're already trying to coordinate a season happening... cancelling it is not the plan.

Top Bottom