What's new

Opening Day Roster/Lineup

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Killing time on a layover. This is what I'd like to see. What say you?

LINEUP
CF Villar (S)
LF Dickerson (L)
3B Anderson
1B Aguilar
RF Cooper
C Alfaro
2B Diaz (L)
SS Rojas

BENCH
C Cervelli
IF Berti
OF Joyce (L)
OF Kemp
OF Sierra (L)

ROTATION
SP Alcantara
SP Smith (L)
SP Lopez
SP Yamamoto
SP Hernandez

BULLPEN
CL Kintzler
MR Stanek
MR Garcia
MR Steckenrider
MR Urena
MR Brigham
MR Tarpley (L)
MR Conley (L)

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
Only real change from this that I expect is villar at third and Anderson in right field. But other than that I think the lineup is correct

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
I think Brinson makes the team but Sierra gets the starting CF job. I don't think Kemp makes it.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I won't touch much on the pitchers, especially the bullpen because that can be all over the place, except I think Alex Vesia has a chance to break camp with the team. Slim but it's there.

Facing the Phillies on Opening Day, good chance we'll go up against Aaron Nola (barring injury).

I could see Villar taking center field on opening day, get Matt Joyce in right.

A lot depends on what Brinson does as well but he'll end up on the team somehow.

Not sure we need three outfielders on the bench, to be honest.

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
Something else has to change here then, friend, because we would then have two right fielders and no center fielder.
You’re right lol, I forgot to mention that I believe they’ll give Brinson one more chance to start the season before giving up on him and out Anderson in right. If he shits the bed then I think it’ll be exactly as Iowa predicts.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
You’re right lol, I forgot to mention that I believe they’ll give Brinson one more chance to start the season before giving up on him and out Anderson in right. If he shits the bed then I think it’ll be exactly as Iowa predicts.
Then Cooper is on the bench or first base?

CoastieMike

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Isan starting right away, I'd like Villar at 2B, Andy at 3rd. OF is a crap shoot.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I think he has to earn it. He’s not needed on the team. It doesn’t seem like a Granderson situation last year.
I agree with this. We have more than enough capable outfielders that Kemp shouldn't be a necessity. If he goes off in Spring Training then absolutely.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
I think he has to be completely abysmal in ST to not make it.
There's too many outfielders ahead of him and several who are essentially already locked in. Kemp absolutely has to win a spot, he will not be handed a spot.

With Dickerson, Joyce, technically Anderson is a RF primarily now, Cooper is still an outfield option, and you have to figure at least one of Brinson Berti or Sierra make the team, plus Ramirez is still a strong option AND then after that comes Kemp, who didn't even do shit in 2019... he's actually a longshot in my eyes.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I have to say I really like Anderson in right field, but do we have anyone (besides Villar this year) who can play third base long term? Any of our prospects that could go there? ... Maybe even Isan?

Top Bottom