What's new

Opening Day TV Schedule

Skully

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sorry if this was already posted somewhere, but does anyone know what games will be televised on Opening Day? This year Opening Day spans about 3 days, so I'm looking for the complete schedule. The Giants play on 4/3 at 4pm... I guess that's the game I'm really worried about... :cool

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
4/2
Tampa vs NYY 1pm ESPN 1pm
Atlanta vs Philly TBS 1pm
Cubs vs Reds ESPN2 2pm
Red Sox vs KC ESPN 4pm
Baltimore vs Minn ESPN2 8pm
Texas vs LAA ESPN2 10pm

Skully

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thank you... are they not showing any of the 4/3 games on ESPN?? :blink:

Skully

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thanks.... That can't be right though. According to that schedule, there's no baseball on ESPN after 4/2 for the rest of the opening week. They usually show quite a bit the first week or so. Anyways, I guess we'll see.... I always have MLB.TV in case this schedule is correct after all.

Floridalion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like how the defending AL Champion Detroit Tigers are overlooked by ESPN. I guess they thought last year was a fluke, but with arms like theirs they will be back in the playoffs in 07.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like how the defending AL Champion Detroit Tigers are overlooked by ESPN. I guess they thought last year was a fluke, but with arms like theirs they will be back in the playoffs in 07.
Who cares about Detroit when I can watch TB, KC, and Baltimore? :rolleyes:

The best early games are EASILY Detroit-Toronto and Cleveland-Chisox

Floridalion

Muckdog
Reaction score

True. I guess ESPN figures more people will watch the Red Sox vs. Royals...I think I would rather watch a re-run of Whats Happening.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
I guess ESPN figures more people will watch the Red Sox vs. Royals...I think I would rather watch a re-run of Whats Happening.
:lol
:notworthy

Reaction score
Womens College Basketball is more important to be on TV (LSU vs Rutgers) on ESPN than the Cardinals vs Mets.. so we're stuck with ESPN2 on Opening Night? How fantastic!

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score

True. I guess ESPN figures more people will watch the Red Sox vs. Royals...I think I would rather watch a re-run of Whats Happening.
espn figures the whole country cant get enough red sox d*** down our throats all the time...frankly...i think someone needs to firebomb espn and have another network start over...im sick of espn turning into NESN every damn summer

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

espn figures the whole country cant get enough red sox d*** down our throats all the time...frankly...i think someone needs to firebomb espn and have another network start over...im sick of espn turning into NESN every damn summer

lets just hope the redsox implode like they did last season.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score

Overreact much?

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
if i not mistaking the first week of baseball is free on extras inning

is tbs going stop giving brave game or is next year? i see that their have brave game on web site. i heard their were gave baseball game

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

is tbs going stop giving brave game or is next year? i see that their have brave game on web site. i heard their were gave baseball game
Pretty sure TBS is still going to cover the Braves this year. furcalchick could probably elaborate.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score

this year is the final year for the braves on TBS nationally, with 70 games this year (they will be still on wtbs in atlanta for 45 games after that, but for all intensive purposes, we won't get to see them), and then TBS will be going to a game of the week format, which is really stupid. like we need more mets/yankees/red sox on our tv. i want to actually watch teams besides those three.

i'm thinking of getting mlb.tv next season, since all i'll get is marlins and devil rays :thumbdown

and about espn becoming nesn, total truth, how many red sox games do they have to show a week? so stupid and annoying. they are part of the problem with the overhype of yankees and red sox. it's not the end-all...we need sspn and wspn, and espn can be the rsn portal for those red sox fans outside of nesn area.

and i'm hoping mlb extra innings will still have free week (i have directv, so the deal doesn't affect me either way, but get rid of free week, and get lots of letters).

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
last year the first week of baseball. extras inning was free i was watching yankee and redsox game on extras inning and other teams in our division when i see display on screen information i will post it i have direct tv too

Top Bottom