What's new

Our buddy Cliff Floyd is hurt(ing)...again

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
credit:mlb.com
ST. LOUIS -- Cliff Floyd moved slowly around the New York clubhouse Thursday afternoon, slower even than he appeared to be moving on the field during a 6-5 10-inning loss to the Cardinals at Busch Stadium.
Floyd's inability to get around on the field had nothing to do with a lack of hustle and everything to do with his earning more bumps and bruises than a piece of overripe fruit. By the time Floyd reached the clubhouse, it wasn't surprising that he was grabbing his aching legs, appearing to be in a considerable amount of pain.

The slugging left fielder has been dealing with a tender right Achilles tendon for much of the past two months. It flared up last month in Puerto Rico and as a result, he has been compensating for it when he runs and his left leg has now begun to act up. Floyd's leg, which he grabbed and massaged as he walked, was wrapped tightly just below the knee.

"I'm a little beat up," Floyd said. "Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow. I'm trying to give it all I have but it's frustrating. I'm doing the best I can on the field. My
knee has been bothering me; I've put a lot of pressure on it the last two weeks. I've been favoring the right foot."

Floyd's inability to get to many balls hit in his direction becomes more noticeable with each passing game. He heads into the dugout gingerly after each inning, appearing not to want to push the issue with his cranky legs too far. That said, in the eighth inning Thursday, he ran into the wall in left center to make a spectacular catch of a Scott Rolen liner.

"That was the last thing I needed at that point," he said. "I just want to help this team win and it's very frustrating.

"I just envisioned a lot of things being different when I signed here. Me playing well and helping us win games. I'm not near where I want to be in terms of that. I envisioned having fun and I'm not doing that."​

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea i heard that he messd up with ankle or something. They said it on An ESPN game Mets vs Cards. I hope he recovers after we play them because that affects his batting so no damage against us when we play the mets... :mischief

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea i heard that he messd up with ankle or something. They said it on An ESPN game Mets vs Cards. I hope he recovers after we play them because that affects his batting so no damage against us when we play the mets... :mischief
Your so nice AJ hoping a person just like you does not get better so you can win a baseball game. :rolleyes:

I hope he gets better as quick as possible and get's back to doing his job.

Top Bottom