louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I vote owens, but Lee Gardner should get a shot when he returns and you
can't go wrong with tank either.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I thought of Tank at first, but since he's just getting back from injury..I went with owens. Stay with owens until he pulls a couple of "Jorge's".

isd71

Muckdog
Reaction score
Def Owens with tank getting some shots if its utley and Howard in the 9th, even though Lindstrom throws 100 mph he hasn't so far been able to get it past anyone.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Kevin Gregg
That'd take away our only long relief pitcher. No thanks. It has to be Owens.

Reaction score
Owens.

Tank needs to get back into the mix though. I would be willing to give Lindstrom a shot down the line, but right now, those line-drive fly-outs he gets scare me, since he can't pitch all his games in a football stadium. I just don't think he is as ready to close as is Owens.

I'd be willing to try Gardner too, but I'm thinking I'd rather give him the role of bailing out the rest of the staff when we get too many on base for comfort.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know. . I think Fredi will go with Owens for now. However, I like Lindstrom stuff a bit better.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
It would be Gregg because he's the most experienced and almost has closer stuff...but he's too versatile and serves needs elsewhere. Owens

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm a huge Matt Lindstrom fan. The confidence this kid shows is phenominal. Not to mention he knows how to pound the strikezone. Guess I'm in the minority.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm a huge Matt Lindstrom fan. The confidence this kid shows is phenominal. Not to mention he knows how to pound the strikezone. Guess I'm in the minority.
I'm with ya. He has the stuff to be dominant, his stats are good so far, but he's had a lot of long (fly ball) outs, which worry us..it all takes time.

Marlins2010

Muckdog
Reaction score
Owens is the only one who has shown to be clutch when needed.
Woulda prefered Lee Gardner though.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm with ya. He has the stuff to be dominant, his stats are good so far, but he's had a lot of long (fly ball) outs, which worry us..it all takes time.
Big velocity fastball doesnt = great stuff

He needs some work on an off-speed pitch for his stuff to be considered dominant.

Yessir

Muckdog
Reaction score
Owens. Throwing Heat. Awky devilery, but he's throwing strikes.

Top Bottom