What's new

Pablo Ozuna

Reaction score
Why not trade for Pablo Ozuna and make him our starting CF. He can hit, run, and is athletic enough to play center (5 career games but more in the OF).

Ozuna hit .328 last year for the White Sox. He's batting .344 this spring. His career MLB avg is .292 and his career minor league avg. is .317. He also RARELY K's.

This is just a thought but he has a good OPS and I know he's 32 but he's gotta be cheap in a trade.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Umm...maybe because he's 32 hasn't played a full season in the bigs (only limited to part time duties) and it was 4 years between seasons in which he played 100 games.

Oh, that, and he doesn't walk. But then again, if you overvalue batting average...

ultimopain

Muckdog
Reaction score
WMM, no offence, but you are a horrible evaluator of talent.

If I had my own franchise and had to choose a GM and it came down to you and a retarded monkey, I think I'd choose the retarded monkey.

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd rather have Nigel Wilson.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Bring back Nigel!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

If I had my own franchise and had to choose a GM and it came down to you and a retarded monkey, I think I'd choose the retarded monkey.
:lol

Reaction score

Really shows what you know....Ozuna would obvisouly not be the long term solution but is better than anyone we have. I believe I know talent when I see it. Ozuna is a former top 20 prospect in all of baseball- usually GMs look for things like that (players who are cheap but with talent). Ozuna fits the bill. I'm sorry but I think I know the minor leagues more than you also.

Keep thinking Joe Borchard is good.....

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

Really shows what you know....Ozuna would obvisouly not be the long term solution but is better than anyone we have. I believe I know talent when I see it. Ozuna is a former top 20 prospect in all of baseball- usually GMs look for things like that (players who are cheap but with talent). Ozuna fits the bill. I'm sorry but I think I know the minor leagues more than you also.

Joe Borchard's a former first round pick and top-20 prospect in all of baseball, and a repeat #1 for the White Sox organization who signed him to a then record draft-day bonus.

Your logic's poor (and that's being generous).

Reaction score

Joe Borchard's a former first round pick and top-20 prospect in all of baseball, and a repeat #1 for the White Sox organization who signed him to a then record draft-day bonus.

Ozuna has excelled in both the pros and minors. Borchard has 1 good year in the minors and thats it. Ozuna doesn't K. Borchard K's 30% of his ABs. Ozuna hit .328 last year whereas Borchard could only dream to hit .275 in the majors.

Please don't compare these two because I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 major league teams would choose Ozuna with his avg, steals, defense over Borchard.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

Ozuna has excelled in both the pros and minors. Borchard has 1 good year in the minors and thats it. Ozuna doesn't K. Borchard K's 30% of his ABs. Ozuna hit .328 last year whereas Borchard could only dream to hit .275 in the majors.

Please don't compare these two because I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 major league teams would choose Ozuna with his avg, steals, defense over Borchard.

To major league teams (and the intelligent fan) average and steals are an overrated stat.

What's more, if you really wish to call a player substandard based on limited major league appearances, it's unfair to selectively pick at players. This vaunted speedster (Ozuna, in case you lost me) has been caught stealing about as many times has he's walked in the majors. No matter how you spin that, that's not good.

But, even more to the point, Ozuna's 32, Borchard's 27 and Borchard has a higher career minor league OPS than Ozuna (since that's all the two have been limited to at this point).

PS, you still haven't responded to why Ozuna's still "good" because he was a highly regarded prospect.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was just taking a nap and I awoke completely startled.

I had a strange nightmare in which someone suggested we put Pablo Ozuna in CF.

Thankfully it was only a nightmare.

I think.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
CF Sanchez
LF Ozuna
RF Bernie
C Javy

This lineup gets more awesome by the day

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
CF Sanchez
LF Ozuna
RF Bernie
C Javy

This lineup gets more awesome by the day

You forgot Jason Wood.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can't believe I forgot the team captain!

New lineup:

CF Sanchez
2B Wood
RF Bernie
C Javy
LF Ozuna

markotsay7

Clearly not striking out is the only thing that matters. Wow, Ozuna never strikes out. Okay. He also never hits home runs. He also has an atrocious 64% success rate for SB.

Please don't compare these two because they're completely different players. You might as well debate who's better between Adam Dunn and Ichiro.

I'm not saying Borchard's the answer, but I'm saying Ozuna isn't. And you were the one who injected Borchard's name into this conversation, not TSwift.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
You might as well debate who's better between Adam Dunn and Ichiro.

Offensively? Dunn.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Offensively? Dunn.
and awaaaaaaaaay we go...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
career ops:

dunn .893

ichiro .815

dunn is easily better!

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score

Offensively? Dunn.
and awaaaaaaaaay we go...

Just saying, you've got two completely different style of player, and one of them contributes much more to his team's offense than the other. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll say this: Borchard is closer to Dunn than Ozuna is to Ichiro. I'll pass.

Top Bottom