What's new

Pacers-Warriors Trade

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
Troy Murphy, that guys stock has fallen dramatically in my eyes.

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pretty crazy trade... I thought that the chemistry was doing well in GS

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
Certainly a lot of names. I'm not sure if this makes either team any better...just different.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Major shake-ups for both teams. I think the Warriors got the best out of it, by far. The Pacers didn't really do much to improve. I guess we'll get our first look tomorrow night when they come to town.

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
wow i like this trade for the Pacers...although Murphy stock has fallen a lil bit if given the proper minutes that guy is a walking double-double and Dunleavy can light it up when he is on....

MVPosey

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like it...we finally have another good big man to go along with Biedrins, as that's a huge upgrade over Diogu/ Murphy/ Foyle...THANK GOD deadweight Dunleavy and his salary is gone...I liked Murphy but he was getting paid WAY too much, and Jackson will be good to fill in until JRich and Pietrus come back...Diogu is too injury prone and is never going to be a starter anyways, and Jasikevicius provides a needed backup point guard so Monta Ellis won't have to play the position when BD's out of the game anymore...Murphy and Dunleavy were far and away the biggest headaches on defense, so our defense will much better with those two gone...another good thing is this will help us be able to re-sign both Ellis and Pietrus after this season
McLeod and Powell are both end of the bench low salary guys so they basically don't mean anything in this trade
Only problem is, the backcourt would be too crowded once pietrus and JRich come back...Jackson would probably be the third shooting guard/ small forward off the bench, after Mickael Pietrus and Matt Barnes
Now that we found someone to take DUnleavy and Murphy's salaries off our hands (and get something good in return too), we only need a taker for Adonal Foyle
Basically the breakdown:
MurphyHarrington: Huge upgrade
DunleavyJackson: Huge upgrade
DioguJasikevicius: Slight Downgrade, but had to be made for cap reasons
McLeodPowell: Push

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Never a fan of harrington.. a tweener.

Jackson is just an idiot

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass