louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pacman jones was suspended for the entire 2007 while Chris Henry gets 8
games according to NFL network.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man that double standard crap is annoying.

Ray Lewis f***ing kills someone, pleads guilty to obstruction of justice and gets a slap on the wrist. Jones hasn't been convicted of anything and he's out for the season.

I think the NFL is just so screwed up.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
The justice system in the NFL is a joke.

But they do whatever they want so who really cares at this point?

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Say what you want about the Ray Lewis situation, but Pacman had this coming. He's kind of a sociopath. Hopefully, without football to focus on, he can find something else to get involved in besides causing mayhem.

FishFanInPA

Ray Lewis was never proven to kill anyone.....

Pacman Jones and Chris Henry are proven scum.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score

They haven't been convicted of anything either I don't think.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

He had a fall guy and a plea bargain, come on. He came away from that whole mess with a charge (albeit lessened) but he was not completely absolved from the crime.

I don't give a crap about the players, most professional athletes are scum-bags, and having money doesn't change the fact that about 99% of them are trash, just wealthy trash. I have a problem with the NFL taking a stupid stand that represents an unjust impediment to a person's ability to earn his wage, just like I would in any industry.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Goodell just went up a ton in my book.

Edit: As for those calling out the NFL for what they did in the past, this is a new administration.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

Ray Lewis f***ing kills someone, pleads guilty to obstruction of justice and gets a slap on the wrist. Jones hasn't been convicted of anything and he's out for the season.

Jones has been arrested 10 times in the past 2 years. I think that has something to do with it.

TarHeel324

Muckdog
Reaction score
Say what you want about the Ray Lewis situation, but Pacman had this coming. He's kind of a sociopath. Hopefully, without football to focus on, he can find something else to get involved in besides causing mayhem.
If anything, without football, hes just gonna spend more time causing mayhem

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
If anything, without football, hes just gonna spend more time causing mayhem

I dont know. If he is missing an entire year because of how he acted, he may try and clean his act up. I am going out on a limb here, but I doubt he is qualified to do much else than play football. If getting in trouble means no football, then he may clean his act up, until he retires atleast.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

Jones has been arrested 10 times in the past 2 years. I think that has something to do with it.

I don't care what the rap sheet is. As I said, most if not all professional athletes are pieces of trash with more money than they know what to do with.

The myriad DUI's, arrests for drunk and disorderly, skimped on alimony and child support and whatever else just solidify this. There are few, if any, true "role model" athletes. I don't give a crap about what he does in his personal life.

Of those 10 incidents (I believe your numbers are incorrect, I think it's been either "arrested or questioned by police" 10 times, not just arrested) he's never been convicted, never arranged a plea bargain, and only has one case still pending. I really don't understand why that should have any bearing on his ability to earn a wage, and I think it's a pathetic double standard for the league to penalize him. In a case such as this, I think it should be left up to the franchise.

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to suspend Lewis for something now that happened years ago, especially since he's been a model citizen.

Tank Johnson, however, should be sitting for the year with pac man

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to suspend Lewis for something now that happened years ago, especially since he's been a model citizen.

Tank Johnson, however, should be sitting for the year with pac man

I'm not advocating for any punishment for Lewis, I'm just citing his precedent to say this is ridiculous.

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score

Jones has been interviewed 10 times, but I don't think he has actually ever been arrested or charged.

I think his punishment and Henry's should be switched with each others until he is charged with something officially.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score

They haven't been convicted of anything either I don't think.
Pac-Man's never even been charged with anything.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm going to guess 8 for Tank

Step on down Mr. Dvoracek

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ray Lewis f***ing kills someone
He had a fall guy and a plea bargain, come on.
Let's not get carried away here. I don't see how you can call Ray Lewis a murderer and at the same time harp that Pac-Man Jones "hasn't been convicted of anything." FYI:

1. Two people were killed.

2. The primary reason Lewis was charged was because he was being uncooperative with the investigation and trying to protect his homies. It took a murder indictment and the subsequent plea deal for misdemeanor obstruction of justice to get him to testify that he saw the two co-defendants getting into a fight with the eventual victim.

3. No DA with a successful murder indictment is going to give a plea deal of probation to the guy he thinks is the killer.

4. "a fall guy"? First off, there were two co-defendants, and neither of them admitted to the crime. And unlike Lewis, these guys had extensive criminal records and prison time. Oh, and who the hell agrees to take the fall for murder?

5. See #3.

Top Bottom