What's new

Paper For My FSU English Class

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
So I go to English class and we are told our first paper is going to be starting work soon. I then am handed the syllabus with the first paper's topic:

Paper #1: Configuring Your Place

This paper focuses on your role in a selected community (e.g. sorority, church affiliation, sports team). Choose a community within which you are able to examine first the relationship between yourself and that community. Then, how does that community interact within their overall surroundings (i.e. the part of a larger community, a community within a city, etc)? You can also examine how your community?s interactions reinforce or dispel depictions of a like community (e.g. within a movie). You must evaluate and expose your experience with this topic. There are several different angles and ways that you can develop this paper. I encourage you to choose a community and an angle that truly intrigues you.
Length: 1,500-2,100 words

My instructor then bluntly says,

"I'm a big fan of the show The Office, which you all shall see some of in this class soon, and I like to post on a message board where other fans come and talk about the show. I'm sure you guys have similar things and could write a 1,500-2,100 word paper on it."

I almost laughed so hard thinking of this because it sounded almost unreal. I had to try and capture the essence of MarlinsBaseball.com on paper in an academic sense. I just finished the terrible First Draft.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
This thread is useless without your "terrible first draft". :mischief2

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Is this ENC1101? If not, what's the course number?

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
Who is your instructor? Sounds like something my teacher last year would have said.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
This thread is useless without your "terrible first draft". :mischief2
Agreed. Why don't you post a link? This could be fun!

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let me get the second draft done and I may post select portions next week. :anon

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can't post the essay until I turn in the Final Draft. Damn the cheater checker software professors use! I don't want any issues with it.

We were warned explicitly about this on Friday. :(

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can't post the essay until I turn in the Final Draft. Damn the cheater checker software professors use! I don't want any issues with it.

Yea that software is a pain in the ass!

babaru

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yea that software is a pain in the ass!

because it works so damn well... but i still cheat.... a little...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
The issue is FSU has first dibs on any paper. Once I get it back graded, which could be a while, then I can post it.

However if anyone wishes to make a suggestion or comment on the topic and what I could use....please feel free.

juanpierre

Muckdog
Reaction score
cant you just scan the paper and post it. I doubt that the software will detect a picture file.

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
However if anyone wishes to make a suggestion or comment on the topic and what I could use....please feel free.
I think you might want to discuss the community's evolution away from its original gathering point (marlins baseball) and into other subcommunities (e.g., other teams, other sports, NHL fans, the bull pen, tv shows, locker room, outfield, and even the babes forum) that interact, to varying degrees, with each other and with the community as a whole.

Some of the most notable contributors to this community aren't even Marlins fans (see: Fox).

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Shaq-Man, in my second draft I am rehauling it and that was exactly where I am going to.

Juanky

turnitin.com FTL

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
turnitin.com FTL

He said he may make us turn it in using that site.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
those anti cheating programs are a joke.

I like how FSU takes ownership of things though, thats good stuff.

Top Bottom